Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 Aug 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Video SeaVenture at Discovery Cove

SeaVenture at Discovery Cove always brings a smile to my miserable face.

I spent years Scuba Diving in what seems a previous life now. So SeaVenture does bring back memories of diving in the Florida Keys. This was my 3rd time of diving under the waters of Discovery cove and it is always special.

What was new to me this time was the harness you had to wear. This then attached to the blue air pipe to make sure nothing could pull it upwards. Having spoken to the crew they said it was to make sure if a ray got caught in the pipes it could not pull off the helmet. So a great safety feature they have added.

The whole experience takes around 30 minutes, but like all things you enjoy, it seems to go quickly. By leaving the video camera's going while under water, I can say that you are down under the water close to 30 minutes.

This video shows my experience of SeaVenture, shortened to around 6 minutes.

The first stop off point, on the sea floor walkabout, is the shark tank. The sharks are behind the glass, so there is no way you could mix with them.

Although they asked us if we would swim with them. Obviously everyone said YES!

They do take off any cameras you bring in with you, so they can get shots of yourself in front of the sharks. They also take more photos later in the walk.

You are welcome to bring action cams and waterproof cameras along with you and I would recommend getting one. You can borrow one of theirs but you will need to purchase the photos for these.

I did find one of the larger fish very interested in my DJI OSMO Action. Maybe he is a geek fish and was checking out the new model closely.

They do take time out to bring some creatures for you to touch and hold.

As I said it always brings a smile to my face even though this was the end of the dive.

Some points you might not know. You can prebook this before you go to make sure you get a place. You can also wear prescription glasses if you need too. But not sunglasses. You are fine with Transition lenses if your regular glasses has these as they will go clear under water.

I can wholeheartedly recommend SeaVenture at Discovery Cove. It is one of the highlights of the day there.

Edited at 07:30 PM.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List