Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hoping that you get as much help as possible.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 22 May 18, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I am so sorry to hear your news. Things are going to be tough and I wish you all the best for the future. Grab all the support you can and pop on here when able as we are all thinking about you. Best wishes.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Having lost a SIL to MND really feel for you all take all the support you can get Ally chose not to be tube fed or ventilated a brave and the right choice for her and the family
Or thoughts are with you all
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Just thought I'd post an update after all the kind messages which are appreciated.

I'm sitting in the lounge at the Bridge Hotel Buttermere, large glass of wine in hand. Tonight for the first time Hospice at Home have come to look after DH.
To say he wasn't happy about that is an understatement! However as I've tried to explain we are in this together but I need just a little break.

So DH is still with us which surprises me really as he deteriorated so rapidly before he was diagnosed with MND I didn't think he'd last the year out.
He has ventilation 10 hours per night with top ups during the day. His breathing is horrendous and he can't walk at all. He is losing use of his hands and his voice is weak. He survived pneumonia in January. So underneath I think he is pretty strong.

We continue to enjoy life and take each day as it comes. We have discovered Haven have very good accessible caravans. We have had at least 6 separate weeks away and loved those breaks.

Anyhow I'm sure there was something else I meant to say but there's a large glass of red wine calling me away...

Edited at 11:28 PM.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Every minute you have together is precious but to enjoy them you need to have time to be you
I won't say enjoynyour break but use it to relax recharge and face what each new day and the challenges it brings as you both need it
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Just thought I'd post an update after all the kind messages which are appreciated.

I'm sitting in the lounge at the Bridge Hotel Buttermere, large glass of wine in hand. Tonight for the first time Hospice at Home have come to look after DH.
To say he wasn't happy about that is an understatement! However as I've tried to explain we are in this together but I need just a little break.

So DH is still with us which surprises me really as he deteriorated so rapidly before he was diagnosed with MND I didn't think he'd last the year out.
He has ventilation 10 hours per night with top ups during the day. His breathing is horrendous and he can't walk at all. He is losing use of his hands and his voice is weak. He survived pneumonia in January. So underneath I think he is pretty strong.

We continue to enjoy life and take each day as it comes. We have discovered Haven have very good accessible caravans. We have had at least 6 separate weeks away and loved those breaks.

Anyhow I'm sure there was something else I meant to say but there's a large glass of red wine calling me away...
You do need that break and should make the most of it. Hospice at home is a lifesaver, I’ve been using this service for 5 months now and I don’t know how I would have survived without them.
Hoping you fund the strength to get through this and you continue to get support xx
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Thinking of you at such a difficult time xxx
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Enjoy your wine you deserve it. Gryff has summed this up perfectly. You must have some me time during this difficult period.
Thinking of you and sending you best wishes

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
If he is struggling with mucus in his throat, that is common with mnd, and he can still swallow get him pineapple juice it helps to break it down. That is what my mum was advised.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Glad you’re having some rest on your own finally, thinking of you both X
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List