Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 1 Sep 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
spestell
Excited about Disney

quick budget trip, advice please:)

Hi, we have been to Florida 8 times over the last 25 years, but have always stayed in a villa, with car hire. Our autistic son is 30 in January and as it is his favourite place on earth we were thinking of surprising him with a 7 day trip to just do disney. We spent 18 days there in March this year so, we were thinking low budget! Hotel with free disney shuttle would be helpful. Any ideas on good hotels to try? Needs to have one room for all three of us, preferable with one double and a single, or two doubles. No sofa bed, as he is very tall. Looking for January 2020. Have found on Perfect Holidays 7 nights at Red Lion Hotel incl breakfast and flights with Delta for 855. Anyone stayed there?
spestell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
quick birthday trip!
Unread 1 Sep 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Is it worth looking at the Rosen Inn on international drive? Weve not been there but bumped into some people last week who were staying there for a budget holiday and seemed to enjoy it.

I would add though that you might want to consider somewhere with a kitchen as eating out was definitely more expensive this summer
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
To the West coast...and beyond!
Unread 1 Sep 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
spestell
Excited about Disney

thanks, Ill take a look at that. Yes we found eating our was much more expensive when we were there in March this year. The low dollar doesn't help
spestell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
quick birthday trip!
Unread 1 Sep 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Not stayed at the Red Lion Hotel, our budget trips are usually spent at the Rosen at Pointe which we really love. Its a good location for restaurants and the rooms are clean and comfortable.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Unread 1 Sep 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Have you tried looking on site? Ive just looked at TC for you and its around 780 each staying at all stars? You wouldnt need transport money as it would be free to parks. Plus your son may find it less stressful with shorter journeys etc! The price may also drop - Thomas Cook usually have cheap last minute deals! X
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Home again in
Unread 1 Sep 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

If you want to be nearer Disney the Clarion Inn seems to be highly recommended on here and Im sure they do free shuttles. The Rosen only did Universal.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Unread 1 Sep 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
Imagineer

Mobile

I havent stayed at the Rosen but my work colleague has and said it was clean and felt safe. Fine for the low price. I didnt ask about shuttles. There are some UK Vloggers who have stayed there and I think did a room tour. I think it was the Lodge Guys but not 100% sure.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ July 2020
Unread 1 Sep 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
VIP Dibber

clarion inn lbv
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going back
US Rent A Car