Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Sep 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
I like the sound of going straight to garage completely missing the hard sell at the desk. Is there an option for adding an additional driver and are you automatically enrolled for sunpass on the toll roads? Apologies if this has been answered before as I only joined the dibb yesterday. Thanks in advance.
Hi Dog - have you booked via Alamo yet? If not head to Andy at DFCH. Once you receive your Alamo confirmation click HERE for OLCI to add additional drivers. To add your credit card, minimise Alamo after OLCI (don't close page or this won't work), click HERE to complete Skip the Counter.

My family book via Andy completing OLCI and Skip, at RSW out kiosk they need only present dl's/paperwork.
Old 12 Sep 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
npafc
Getting Excited

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Evening Dibbers,

We're picking our car up from TPA and have already completed Online Check-In and have the confirmation. We have selected the Pre-pay fuel option and the confirmation shows the expected cost. Below that it has 'Payment Information' with a billing number.

The thing is, we haven't input any payment details.

The car hire was arranged by Ocean Florida.

My question is, will the garage scan the confirmation code and then ask for our credit card?

2023 Trip number 10, Royal Pacific Universal & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
npafc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by npafc View Post
Evening Dibbers,

We're picking our car up from TPA and have already completed Online Check-In and have the confirmation. We have selected the Pre-pay fuel option and the confirmation shows the expected cost. Below that it has 'Payment Information' with a billing number.

The thing is, we haven't input any payment details.

The car hire was arranged by Ocean Florida.

My question is, will the garage scan the confirmation code and then ask for our credit card?
They will, or follow the instructions/link I posted above for Skip the Counter where you'll enter cc details (you'll need to sign back into Alamo and minimise that page first). Print your Skip voucher with bar code and present dl(s) and paperwork at the Out kiosk
Old 2 Oct 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Quick question,
For the online check in and skip the counter.
If I dont have a printer, is it ok to have the barcode on an ipad ? Or does it need to be the actual printed sheet ?
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
drdnght
New Poster (2)

Hi,

I have just done an online checkin and then went on to "skip the counter".

Once you are done they will email you the barcode, the email says this at the top:-

"IMPORTANT! You MUST be able to present this ticket upon picking up your vehicle and at any point during your rental. So, print or save this ticket to your phone, and keep it handy."
drdnght is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
Quick question,
For the online check in and skip the counter.
If I dont have a printer, is it ok to have the barcode on an ipad ? Or does it need to be the actual printed sheet ?
When we rented a car from Alamo last year (2018) I had the bar code on my phone and it was fine. From memory I had printed ut as a PDF.
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Atch
New Poster (4)

Can I follow the skip the counter process if I need to add another driver

Hope someone could confirm if I can skip the counter process online and then pay for the extra driver at the collection kiosk?
Atch is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Atch View Post
Hope someone could confirm if I can skip the counter process online and then pay for the extra driver at the collection kiosk?
Hi Atch, I appreciate you may be aware and chose not to, but there's the option to pay during OLCI, otherwise Alamo may take payment from the cc you file during Skip. Andy/Tom et al., will likely supply the answer
Old 26 Oct 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GBScott
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Wow that seems very complex and repetative!
GBScott is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Atch View Post
You can add an additional driver on at the kiosk but its not cheap... circa $10 - $15 per day plus taxes (unless you have an additional driver included). You should do this when you do the OLCI though and then you can avoid the kiosk altogether (dependent on location)

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List