Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Sep 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi can I ask if they do fit in a large case to put as hold luggage? ☺
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
Hi can I ask if they do fit in a large case to put as hold luggage? ☺
I’ve got the larger size Tripp case and the measurements are slightly too small for the detached blade
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

thank you
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ssquared
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi. I have an A0 size rigid cardboard posting tube (45mms diameter) with plastic ends. This is 35 inches long and just fits flat diagonally across my large case without having to slope upwards. so would appear to be just right for the 34inch blade (with a little bubble wrap). Got tube from Amazon to try out beforehand. Will then carry hilt section in hand luggage.

Cheers

Edited at 10:41 AM.
ssquared is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Can the sabre or droid be carried in addition to one item of hand luggage or would it have to be the only item?
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
I’ve got the larger size Tripp case and the measurements are slightly too small for the detached blade
According to Tripp's website, a large sized Tripp case is 78cm (just over 30 inches) by 50cm (just over 19 inches). This is around the standard size for a large suitcase. It therefore has a diagonal length of just over 92cm, or just over 36 inches.

The blade of a Savi's lightsaber is 34 inches long (31 inches when inserted into the hilt).

Therefore the blade should fit into a large Tripp case with an inch or two to spare. And should fit into most other large suitcases.

(I bought one of the cheaper, plastic, non-collapsible lightsabers a few years ago and it measures 34 inches long. I could fit that inside our suitcases and they were not unusually large)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
According to Tripp's website, a large sized Tripp case is 78cm (just over 30 inches) by 50cm (just over 19 inches). This is around the standard size for a large suitcase. It therefore has a diagonal length of just over 92cm, or just over 36 inches.

The blade of a Savi's lightsaber is 34 inches long (31 inches when inserted into the hilt).

Therefore the blade should fit into a large Tripp case with an inch or two to spare. And should fit into most other large suitcases.

(I bought one of the cheaper, plastic, non-collapsible lightsabers a few years ago and it measures 34 inches long. I could fit that inside our suitcases and they were not unusually large)
That’s odd I’ve measured mine internally

It’s about 31” corner to corner and it’s defiantly the larger one as the smaller one sits inside this larger one

Edited at 11:04 PM.
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2

It’s about 31” corner to corner and it’s defiantly the larger one as the smaller one sits inside this larger one

Hmm, are you sure that isn't the medium sized case shown on the website? It's dimensions are 67cm by 45cm, which means that the diagonal length would be 31.5 inches? There's also a small case listed on the webpage - although I think that's a cabin case.

Otherwise, I suspect the measurements on the website are external measurements, not internal, and don't take into account the curved corners. Those curved corners in your photo look like they'd make the diagonal distance a few inches less.

Anyway, yeah, it looks like you're right and the Savi blade wouldn't fit. Therefore, in this case, the blade would need to be carried onboard as hand luggage.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

That seems to be the same as my large hard shell Tripp case, a few inches short.
tripp/tripp-turquo...suitcase/p3250
I’m hoping TUI allow it as hand luggage. Saves me finding a long bag and padding it out when I’m out there.

Edited at 11:35 PM.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Well, I’ve bought one and sadly it won’t fit in a large Tripp case, even when packed diagonally at a slant. I do have a slightly larger hardshell case that it literally JUST fits in. But I’d be scared of the case flexing from loading impact so I’m thinking of taking it as carry on, but I need to take a backpack too. Has anyone had experience taking it as a technical “second hand luggage item.” Or can anyone recommend a sturdy turn I can get from amazon shipped to my hotel to pack it up in?

Thanks again everyone!
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List