Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Sep 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yacht Club room request

So I've just changed from POFQ to Yacht Club for August as there was no availability at FQ for the dates we needed to change to! Never even visited the Beach/Yacht or the Boardwalk area so it's all very new to me, just watched some walk throughs and am so excited! The sofa sleeper and balcony at the YC also swayed me! They've linked my parents booking to mine, and I've asked them to put a note on the booking requesting to be closer to the lobby area as my parents both have arthritis and will be 70 so want to make it as easy for them as possible.

Is there any location that is particular better then the other? We only have standard rooms booked!

Any tips etc about staying at the YC that I need to know! I'm clueless!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkE
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Have only stayed in YC once, in 2016. We requested a king bed as it was our honeymoon so just 2 of us, and we were as far away as you could possibly get! We’d also only booked a standard room.

I don’t think there’s a “better” standard view room, so as long as you’re close to the lobby you’ll be fine. When doing the online check in/ room request you can select close to lobby as an option, and type it in the free text section. Don’t ask for a specific room number, as if that room isn’t available the allocation team won’t know why that room was important. It’s better to go with “elderly travellers / mobility issues, room close to lobby please”.

Have a great trip!
MarkE is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m staying there soon , I’ll report back for you so any questions you want answering ask away
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JosiePie
Proud to wear my Ears

We stayed there in 2017 and loved it. I emailed about 2 weeks before we went and asked for a room with a view of the wedding pavilion as our daughter was a bit obsessed with weddings at the time. The room wasn’t far from the lobby lifts.

Edited at 09:02 PM. Reason: Forgot photo
JosiePie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We love the Yacht Club! (POFQ is our usual hotel but have splashed out on YC a couple of times). We love that you can walk into Epcot, from there you can get the monorail to MK if it suits, there is also the boat to HS. Lots of variety.
The Boardwalk area feels very ‘holiday’ to us and we like to wonder over there for food or drinks, or a pastry based breakfast (you can use your resort mug over at the BW bakery if you have them).
If you like ice cream/milkshake then pop to beaches and cream in the BC, there is a quick service entrance so you don’t have to have a reservation to get take out.
The quiet pool at YC is bliss, always quiet when we’ve been and really relaxing.
So many good things to say and haven’t mentioned the lobby smells lush.
Enjoy! 😊
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List