Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Sep 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Ultimate Performance Skin Shield; bought on Amazon, a roll on silicone/aloe vera barrier between your skin & leather/fabric etc; amazing stuff.
Just looked but is this not similar to the compeed? Will try the compeed again and hope it works
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Absolutely everything blisters me - even my hotter and sketchers. This summer I followed the advice on here to use my new sketchers flip flops around the house with socks - a lovely look. I walked around for a week with thick thermal socks and sketchers flip flops in that really hot weather. Worked a treat, no blisters or hot spots. Just done the same with hotter trainers although I think I used them to soon for a walk and had to stop and put a comped plaster on the first time out.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have bumps on my heel and Achilles’ tendon too. I also have really high arches, shoes with straps will take my skin right off 😱 I put plasters on straight away, before I get blisters. It can feel like a waste of plasters/money but prevention is much better than cure! I have tried moleskin but I didn’t like the texture of it against my socks (weird, I know!)
I love Doc Martens but every pair I’ve bought new has ended up on eBay because I’m too much of a wuss to break them in! I’ve tried everything from wet newspaper to moisturiser but I can’t stick it out. Now I buy second hand ones that are a bit softer.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I have rheumatoid arthritis so try to wear comfy, flat shoes or boots, such as, running trainers, ankle boots, Hush Puppy sandles or wedges, M&S comfort shoes for work.

When I wear other types of footwear my feet just aren't used to them so I put Elastoplast knee and elbow plasters on my heels to stop rubbing and, if possible, the right style of sock or knee high. I love Next trainer liners with Converse but need a plaster on my heel too and tights or knee highs with heels.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wear them about the house but heat up the shoes with a hairdryer. It softens the leather
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I always wear-in round the house with either 2 pairs of socks or tights and socks. No blisters that way.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

I have heel spurs and always have issues breaking in new shoes. Compeed blister plasters certainly help and I am going to try using duct tape on my heels the next time for breaking in another pair. I’ve found that the softer the leather in the back of the shoes the better and quicker I can get them comfortable. I had to buy some black flats for a funeral in April they ripped my feet up and they were from Clark’s so you’d expect better from them and since they got stained inside I couldn’t even get a refund for them. They fit just fine however they have a nasty section in the back that grates the skin off the foot when walking. I didn’t feel it just popping them on it only when walking they begin to chew the skin off. I now know I can’t wear them with thin socks or tights they will just wreck those too. My toes also got badly chewed up the blisters on them ended up like deep cuts and took 6 weeks to heal up unlike my heels which took 4 weeks. From now on I’m gonna wear two pairs of socks and at least one pair will have that sports sock bit that sticks out at the back and stops them slipping down when walking . You really need to look after your feet or risk misery just getting around.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List