Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 16 Sep 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

This is a cautionary tale - you snooze you lose!

Friday afternoon (while taking a break at work! ) I spotted good flights with BA doing same route as last year GLA LGW MCO with a price that was right. Got home and flights were still there at good price. Spoke to hubby who was 'square eyed' and paid little to no attention which I took as a lack of enthusiasm.

Mentioned it again to him in the morning (Sat) and he seemed interested. I had a running event to get to so ear-marked the time when I came home to get the flights booked.

You know whats coming next...

Logged on and the price for 2 ad, 1 ch had increased by total of 500

I've checked the prices several times thereafter and absolutely nothing like the original prices is now coming up.
PrincessShelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Waiting for a sale to book for 2020...
Unread 16 Sep 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessShelly View Post
This is a cautionary tale - you snooze you lose!

Friday afternoon (while taking a break at work! ) I spotted good flights with BA doing same route as last year GLA LGW MCO with a price that was right. Got home and flights were still there at good price. Spoke to hubby who was 'square eyed' and paid little to no attention which I took as a lack of enthusiasm.

Mentioned it again to him in the morning (Sat) and he seemed interested. I had a running event to get to so ear-marked the time when I came home to get the flights booked.

You know whats coming next...

Logged on and the price for 2 ad, 1 ch had increased by total of 500

I've checked the prices several times thereafter and absolutely nothing like the original prices is now coming up.
Aww what a shame it is pretty much how I feel after doing similar...My enthusiasm as gone at the minute. I am hoping Christmas sales may bring some decent prices
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Apprentice Imagineer

I know this is the July etc thread but how much would you expect to pay direct to Miami or Tampa in May?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando give or take a few days!
Unread 16 Sep 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheSollys View Post
Hi,

I have never booked the flight & hotel separately, usually use Travel Republic etc.

This time I thought (going September 2020), I'd look into doing the flight & hotel independently to see if I can save anything.

Can anyone who has previously flown direct from Manchester to MCO in September, give me an idea of what a decent price for the flight, for two adults should/would be?

At present I have no idea what I sort of price I should be aiming for.

Thanks in advance for any guidance offered.
Exactly the same for us. We usually book a package so Id be interested to know too...
Jankz33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Sisters Trip!
Unread 16 Sep 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Having Dinner with Goofy

Having monitored / stalked prices obsessively for the last 6 months, seeing them creep up, I really can't wait to get mine booked for September and start of October next year. Might have to try and hold out for either October sales this year possibly Christmas. That being said, prices in April this year for this September were really good, so everything is in the air 😤😫
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Wife's surprise big birthday holiday
Unread 16 Sep 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

My booking window opens tomorrow. Looking at the flights today (returning the day before we need), they have increased a lot between this morning and this afternoon.

Big problem though - DDs boss has still not approved her leave. Apparantly he disappeared to Scotland to go fishing without telling anyone, so might be days now before we get it approved.

So if there's a bargain, I wont be able to book it
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not even booked yet... FL 2020
Unread 16 Sep 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I know this is the July etc thread but how much would you expect to pay direct to Miami or Tampa in May?
Is it for the school holidays or would you be going out of the school holidays. Our first trip we paid 1400-1500 the flights were either side of the school holidays and that was for 2 ad and 3 children. So you can get them really cheap you are flexible
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Lufthansa has some deals on flights from Manchester indirect if you can fly with handluggage. I was very tempted but Im still keeping fingers crossed for BA from Newcastle.
My quote
Sat 25th July MAN-EWR-MCO
Sat 15th Aug MAN-FRA-MAN
2 ad +(13yr) 1ch (11) 2588.16
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Florida Tix