Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Sep 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
I'm amazed they found you at home but I guess It's a Small World After All
MY HUBBYS FAVE RIDE
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by col1968 View Post
MY HUBBYS FAVE RIDE

Ha ha it was the ride we threatened our sons with if they misbehaved
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I would wait for the 3rd letter then send my response about how I have had to give up work due to the distress they have caused me. The fact I cannot sleep and have difficulty going to the toilet and my happy place has become a nightmare.

Then wait for the free offer.
Actually, for other reasons (a bit more severe than OP's, even though I'm not trying to minimize their frustration, mine dealt with entomology mixed with bed issues, IYSWIM ) the above was somehow part of a very strong and long email I shot out to everyone I could get the email for ... including good ol' Bob Iger, yup ...

worked quite well actually ... got called the next day by a Disney manager, and eventually spent 1 week free of charge club level

the more frustrating is not the invoice. This can be settled. What is frustrating is having a Cast Member showing some attitude, double checking what should have been clear from the start, and basically being lied to ...

OP, I don't know if you have plans for a future trip, but I'd deffo try to get a note in your file for free additional FP+ for your next visit
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

This happened to us at check in we were told only charges for parking, I said politely sorry but Uk resident etc and after showing my Uk driving licence all good. On check out that will just be parking charges to be paid um no uk resident sorted out at check in. After much discussion they let us go with no charges.
daisymae is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Obviously DrJJ has the fast track to billing complaints.

Already had a reply cancelling the charges so dealt with quickly. Fair dos.

I really hope they come up with a length of stay ticket at a discount for us Brits and Irish.

Free parking was one of the main reasons left for staying on site.

Emh being so downgraded from what it used to be as well.

I think we'll be offsite next time.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
Obviously DrJJ has the fast track to billing complaints.

Already had a reply cancelling the charges so dealt with quickly. Fair dos.

I really hope they come up with a length of stay ticket at a discount for us Brits and Irish.
Glad they got back to you quickly and resolved it I've contacted them a few times over the years, usually when they sneak and extra valet charge on after checkout.

Don't pin your hopes on a 'length of stay' ticket - I've been suggesting for one for valet for a long time and got joy.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Some of the check in staff at the resorts are terrible & should not be in customer facing roles IMHO.
When we checked into the Yacht Club two years ago, the cast member could hardly string two words of English together.
When I tried to tell her that our home address was not the Disney UK office in Hammersmith, as that was what was showing on our booking, she argued with me & told me that I was wrong!
After four attempts at trying to explain to her, we gave up, on reflection we should have asked to see a manager but we just wanted to get going.
She also forgot to ask us to enter a pin code so we could charge things to our magic bands, we only realised this when we were standing at one of the food & wine locations & tried to pay for something with one of our snack credits.
I ended up legging it back to the YC to sort it out, thankfully the cast member I got that time was brilliant & took care of everything.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List