Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Sound proofing a room advice

One of our neighbours got a lurcher puppy early may and she is kept outside. She cries and yelps all the time and it’s extremely loud. It’s an high pitched screech starting just after 6am everyday.
I have been in touch with the owners and basically it’s tough luck. She is an outside dog and if she hears anything she will bark (screech). Our bedroom is at the back so we can hear it really badly when we are in there and I am woken up just after 6am everyday, including weekends and it’s really getting me down. It’s actually causing anxiety and making me feel ill.
We can’t afford or want to move so I want to sound proof our bedroom.
So far I am looking at replacing the wi die for triple glazed or even 4 glazing. Sound proof dry wall and thermal curtains that are supposed to help with noise.
Any other ideas?
Thank you
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

would earplugs be a better/cheaper option?

*edit*
also, keep a log of noise levels, download an app to measure/record noise. report it to the council, dog or not, its still noise pollution

Edited at 05:24 PM.
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It’s definitely not tough luck, you can report to the council and like above , keep a noise diary as they’ll tell you to do that anyway .
That’s very anti social of them to just dismiss it and why get a dog to just keep it outside ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

I am an extremely bad sleeper and when dh got a cold on holiday I thought it was the last straw, but bless him he went to the shop in the wilderness lodge and bought cough syrup for him and ear plugs for me as a joke. After 2hours of listening to him snore cough and snort I decided to try the earplugs and they have changed my life! I’m sleeping better than I have for years so I would definitely try some even if it’s only a short term solution!

Edited at 05:36 PM.
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
It’s definitely not tough luck, you can report to the council and like above , keep a noise diary as they’ll tell you to do that anyway .
That’s very anti social of them to just dismiss it and why get a dog to just keep it outside ?
It’s a hunting dog so they don’t want it inside, although they both work full time and I have never seen them out with it yet.
They have been reported to the RSPCA who cane out to see them but because it has shelter there is nothing they can do.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lexie32 View Post
I am an extremely bad sleeper and when dh got a cold on holiday I thought it was the last straw, but bless him he went to the shop in the wilderness lodge and bought cough syrup for him and ear plugs for me as a joke. After 2hours of listening to him snore cough and snort I decided to try the earplugs and they have changed my life! I’m sleeping better than I have for years so I would definitely try some even if it’s only a short term solution!
I have tried ear plugs in the past due to my husband snoring lol but I can’t sleep with something on my ear. I can’t stand the feel lol so no cheap options for me 😢
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i found that sleeping with my proper molded earplugs are so much more comfortable to sleep in than any others i've tried. (i have ACS custom ones i use for DJing and going to gigs)

i would try the moldable putty/silicone ones, as you dont need to block out certain frequencies, you just want to block everything

something like these

amazon/Macks-Pillo...nguag e=en_GB

hth
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Try BOSE sleepbuds they are pretty good and if you order them direct you get a thirty day free trial.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i found that sleeping with my proper molded earplugs are so much more comfortable to sleep in than any others i've tried. (i have ACS custom ones i use for DJing and going to gigs)

i would try the moldable putty/silicone ones, as you dont need to block out certain frequencies, you just want to block everything

something like these

amazon/Macks-Pillo...nguag e=en_GB

hth
I’ve been using Macks for years to block out noise while sleeping as I suffer from misophonia, they’re fab.
Always pick up loads when in the states
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Sad to say trying to do soundproofing in an existing room is a waste of money. In a new build e.g. an extension it can be done though.

Earplugs or background noise is the best way forward.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List