Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Sep 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LouBull
Having Dinner with Goofy

LouBull's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Which Disney hotel?

Hi after some advice. If you had a choice between AKL or BC which would you choose and why?

Edited at 10:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
LouBull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Hi ..They are both brilliant, i think it depends on whether you want to see animals from your balcony or the boardwalk!..They are so very different..I think AKL if you have young children though!, I think Akl is particularly child friendly! Sorry i cannot choose ,i love them both!
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've stayed at Beach Club three times and love it to pieces.

On our trip in July - August we had 10 nights at BC and then went to AKL for the first time - a quick two night stay.

I've always enjoyed visiting AKL, love sitting at Victoria Falls for a few drinks and I think Boma is a great place to eat. I really enjoyed our short stay there and I'm sure we'll go back but if I had to choose one, it would still be the Beach Club.

The close proximity to two parks, and Epcot is our favourite, can't be beat, the pool is amazing (although I did love the AKL pool too), we found the rooms to be a lot nicer (bigger and airier) and you have so many food and drink options within a short stroll.

However, there is no wrong choice here - they are both lovely resorts.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have only stayed at AKL so I can only comment on this hotel. We stayed for one night and it was amazing! We had food at Boma which was great. The hotel itself is gorgeous. We also did the night time safari which was one of the best experiences I've had at Disney.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Pobbypaws
VIP Dibber

Much as AKL is a beautiful hotel and the view of the animals is amazing, for me nothing beats being on the Boardwalk, being able to sit looking out at the water and strolling into Epcot for dinner or a drink. I think the decision really depends what you want from the holiday and how you tend to spend it. Boma (at AKL) is still my favourite Disney breakfast though!
Pobbypaws is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

BC is often a lot more expensive than AKL, so if there were a few thousand in it then AKL is likely to come out on top. We have never stayed but visited a number of times, love the public areas and dining options.

I prefer the location of BC though and that would probably be the decider for me, although ideally I would book the YC rather than BC.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
flossycandy
VIP Dibber

flossycandy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have been lucky enough to stay at both and BC comes out top for me. Although both are beautiful resorts, the location of BC is amazing and I preferred the small size of the BC.
flossycandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at AKL in 2011 and it is wonderful... I would say hard to beat except some might say its location away from three of the parks and with no direct entry into AK.
We have stayed in three on site resorts and they're all nice, but I think as a hotel AKL would take some beating anywhere.
So I'll tell you we booked BC this time: simply the Food and Wine Festival. Having researched it, though, we are massively looking forward to staying around Crescent Lake and being able to walk to two parks. And then there's Stormalong Bay.
I'd say if you don't mind having a 20-30 minute bus ride to most of the parks, you simply have to stay at AKL. The food's great there too!
BC 2019

Edited at 11:17 AM.
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We absolutely loved the Beach Club. Fantastic pool, one bus stop, good proximity to all the parks. Everything in one building so no need to go outside to re fill mugs etc...
Jankz33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

We stayed at YC last year and the location was fantastic, so for that reason I'd chose BC.

We did consider AKL when booking because it looks like such a beautiful resort but location won for us.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List