Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Sep 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Interesting thread, DH and DD are planning a road trip in 2021, so watching this with interest.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Very excited to read you’ll be doing this as it’s a major bucket list holiday for us once the kids have flown the nest! I really hope you’ll be doing a trip report?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Sounds fun Lynda
Bless him Geoffa started a pre trip for a Route 66 trip , it’s in the General pre trip section and has some good tips. So sad he didn’t get to take the trip
Oh my word, I just read through his pre trip and am in tears, bless him.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I did a Route 66 report here but when I left the pictures disappeared, the text is still there though if you click below.
We did a couple of side trips to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley and had a fantastic trip, I’m sure you will really enjoy it.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Very excited to read you’ll be doing this as it’s a major bucket list holiday for us once the kids have flown the nest! I really hope you’ll be doing a trip report?
Yes, I'll definitely do a trip report. Speaking of... when can we expect yours?

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
Oh my word, I just read through his pre trip and am in tears, bless him.
I read it too... such a shame he never made it there.

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I did a Route 66 report here but when I left the pictures disappeared, the text is still there though if you click below.
We did a couple of side trips to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley and had a fantastic trip, I’m sure you will really enjoy it.
Thank you Sue... off to have a read now

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Sue, I read all of your report last night, what a fabulous trip you had. I'm a bit concerned about Missouri now, we had planned a stop in St. Louis for the Gateway Arch. Is it just a bit run down on the open road?

It's such a shame your photos have gone, they would have been great to look at I'm sure.

We had planned to whiz through the first few states like you, other than a brief stop at Springfield Il for the Abe Lincoln exhibits. It certainly sounds more interesting further down the road with the bigger attractions.

Interesting that you hated Vegas, neither of us have been and I'm looking forward to it, hubby not so much - he would happily miss it altogether but I insisted!

We had been debating about whether to take the Santa Fe route or not, but I think you've made up my mind to go, although it will only be a short visit like yours was.

Do you remember which guide book you used? We have bought the EZ66, as recommended on every website I've read about R66. We will have a satnav as well, for the cities really.

Thank you for bringing your report to my attention, it was a very interesting read with lots of information which has been really helpful. Nice to see old names in your comments as well, lots of dibbers there who don't seem to post anymore.

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scush
Proud to wear my Ears

We did a Route 66 trip in 2016, was fantastic! Lots of information in the EZ66 book. Just to say the book makes way more sense when your there! You could also get any road closures/diversions on his website. We loved all of it, Santa Fe was well worth the trip, oatman was really good too! We were on a motorcycle so the roads up there were amazing! We just booked our hotels as we went and stopped where we liked! You'll love it, enjoy!
scush is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

[QUOTE=Fuellady;14051298]Yes, I'll definitely do a trip report. Speaking of... when can we expect yours?

Ooh brilliant, can’t wait!
It’s on its way I promise, just uploading the photos now 😬

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

We did Route 66 in April ,we used ez 66 guide which was very useful
We booked all hotels before we traveled
I will get back to you with a more detailed reply later 😊

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scush View Post
We did a Route 66 trip in 2016, was fantastic! Lots of information in the EZ66 book. Just to say the book makes way more sense when your there! You could also get any road closures/diversions on his website. We loved all of it, Santa Fe was well worth the trip, oatman was really good too! We were on a motorcycle so the roads up there were amazing! We just booked our hotels as we went and stopped where we liked! You'll love it, enjoy!
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it... it seems as though everyone who does R66 loves it! Thank goodness the EZ66 book makes more sense on the road, it all seems a bit complex reading it here on my sofa

We have both Santa Fe and Oatman pencilled in, I'm hoping to time it right for the Wild West show in Oatman.

[QUOTE=smithlane;14053227]
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Yes, I'll definitely do a trip report. Speaking of... when can we expect yours?

Ooh brilliant, can’t wait!
It’s on its way I promise, just uploading the photos now 😬
Fab, I'll look out for it

Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
We did Route 66 in April ,we used ez 66 guide which was very useful
We booked all hotels before we traveled
I will get back to you with a more detailed reply later 😊
That's great, thank you Michelle, I'll look forward to hearing more about your trip. I think we would like to pre book all of our hotels before we go as well... we're not keen on "winging it".