Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 Jul 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Totally agree! I was worried it wouldn’t love up to the original but absolutely loved it.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just been to see it this afternoon - so good really enjoyed it :-) a couple of bits were a little slow to show off the graphics but really enjoyed x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Went to see this on Saturday, was slightly nervous as the Lion King is my absolute favourite childhood film.

I loved it! Timon and Pumbaa were hilarious and the visuals were fantastic I thought. I did have slight reservations at the beginning as the opening scene didn't have as much 'impact' to me as the original but the rest was great so that was soon forgotten.

I was fully prepared for tears during "the scene" but managed to deal with that pretty well. Can't say the same for some of the kids in the cinema as there was lots of crying, seems it may have traumatised them a little just like it did for us as kids when we saw the Lion King for the first time. Circle of life indeed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We saw the lion king on Saturday and we loved it! They have done such a good job making it and I cried from about 3 minutes in ha!

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Is it the same story and songs ?
I don't remember hearing Shadowlands or They Live In You. And they have changed Be Prepared.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Loved it, I got emotional as it came on in the first scene , but ok after that . The movie is breathtaking . Loved the original and loved the stage show and now love this one.
Haha, me too! I was the same at the stage show too and no doubt will be again when we go in December. The other scene though, I'm absolutely fine watching.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. There are a few bits I felt were lacking, but not enough that it spoiled anything. Visually, it was absolutely stunning, but I felt because the animals looked so real, their expressions sometime's weren't "enough", especially the case with Simba during "that" scene.

Jeremy Irons was so iconic as Scar, that for me there is just no-one who could have played it as well as he did. I did go in with an open mind, but I was still disappointed. And they cut my favourite line in the whole film!

Will definitely watch again and will be buying in 4K when it comes out on DVD.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW

Edited at 11:40 AM.
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Absolutely fantastic, from the opening notes which took me back to the stage show until the very end.
It is emotional and funny, I loved it as much if not more than the animated version and on a par with the stage show. All of which I have seen more than once 😁🦁
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Been to see it today... blew me away. Breathtakingly beautiful, I cried like a baby when Mufasa died.
Loved every minute 😃
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Padme
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Just got back from seeing the film. I had to drag DH along as he wasn’t convinced about this new version but he loved it more than the original. I thought it was great too but the original has a special place in my heart. The music was as good as ever though.
Padme is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I loved it too . The only thing that I didn't particularly like is how the music had changed so much, but I am so in love with the original soundtrack I guess anything different will take some getting used to

I am going to see it again with my mum the weekend after next. First time ever I'll have been to see a film in the cinema twice

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List