Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 7 Aug 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Shopping questions please

So we are last few days in villa then off to pop for last 2 nights so thoughts are turning to shopping for stuff to take home. Have done all clothes and Disney springs shopping so thinking about Walmart/ target/ publix now although I may need another suitcase as I have bought a Minnie Mouse pet bed for one of my cats!

So first question is I see people say they bring Tupperware back. Where do you buy that please?

How do you get chocolate back without it melting? Have tried to bring bars of GHiradelli back before but it didn't resemble a bar when we unpacked.

I have a list running which at the moment includes:

Red lobster cheese biscuits mix (not had it before but I see it comes highly recommended)
Pancake/waffle mix
Pancake syrup - thinking of calling into crackerbarrel for one of their little bottles
Velveeta cheese sauce
Squirty cheese in a can
French's crunchy onion pot

What else should I add?

Thanks all
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Just to add I have been to bath and body works so have 6 foaming hand soaps🙂
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have a couple of boxes with lids from the dollar tree I put food items in there in zip lock bags
Choclate I put in the freezer the night before or wrap with ice pack sheets that are in zip lock bags same as I do with the pilsbury dough cinnamon rolls etc
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I brought loads of ghiradellis back. The ones in the hold were fine. I had a couple of melted squares in amongst my hand luggage ones though.
Old 8 Aug 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

I took tips from some genius on here (as said above)... Chocolate in the freezer until the day you leave - chuck it all in a cool bag with some ice packs, then by the time you get back home it hasn't even started to warm up!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

[INDENT[/INDENT]
Thanks for the responses on taking chocolate back. Freezing makes sense but don't think the fridge in pop century where we are last 2 nights will have a freezer. Will remember for future trips though when we go from villa straight to airport.

Old 13 Sep 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

just to pop in to this.

Cheese isnt permitted to be imported. I do know folks will say that they have done it and they may have been lucky to get it through but its not legal and you can get it seized at the least or a fine at the most.

Velveeta and cheese in a can wouldnt be allowed.

gov.uk/bringing-food-ani...s-into-uk/food
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cleanfoam
Trying for More Ears

We tend to stop on the way to the airport (tradition dictates its the Target at Florida Mall). That way choc's are never in the car long enough to melt!
Cleanfoam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
just to pop in to this.

Cheese isnt permitted to be imported. I do know folks will say that they have done it and they may have been lucky to get it through but its not legal and you can get it seized at the least or a fine at the most.

Velveeta and cheese in a can wouldnt be allowed.

gov.uk/bringing-food-ani...s-into-uk/food
Now I was sent a message today saying that velveeta and cheeses are allowed if declared and if they do not contain meat?

Mine was also a snip from a website to do with US air travel
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Now I was sent a message today saying that velveeta and cheeses are allowed if declared and if they do not contain meat?

Mine was also a snip from a website to do with US air travel
Mine is the link from the government website and I am a former customs officer so I tend to default to their website for the lost up to date information.

Could your message be something about importing into the USA and not out and back to the UK? By all means if you think your info is correct then declare but be prepared for it the taken off you on entry.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List