Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Oh dear we fly home on the fourteenth MIA LHR AA guess we may have to stay longer. Best check with my friends in Vero in case we are forced to stay longer. Oh dear !

As for trying to bring New Zealand to its knees economically by trying to stop them exporting goods. Seriously ? It's not going to happen. They'd have more luck stopping dibbers flying to the US on holiday as it's better for the planet !

Edited at 04:24 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
As for Greta Thunberg going missing in the Atlantic, she doesn't leave Plymouth until today!
No idea, but looking into it there could be some basis for what they said.
Apparently Malizia 2 is a 60ft racing yacht based at Monaco Yacht Club, takes part in Fastnet races, and such like.
Whilst travelling around the Scilly Isles it disappeared from ship tracking with the explanation being transponders were 'dark'.

Greta was onboard with her Father at the time ?

At least all is well.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The idea that Jacinda Adern believes that NZ should stop exporting food is complete and utter hogwash!

When she was last over here she signed agreements specifically aimed at helping the NZ meat sector and she is currently negotiating a free trade agreement with the EU aimed at opening up the European market more to agricultural exports.
!
Not sure what the NZ farmers and Tourist Industry would think of their Prime Minister encouraging travellers and Businesses NOT to trade with NZ. Utter rubbish
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The idea that Jacinda Adern believes that NZ should stop exporting food is complete and utter hogwash!

When she was last over here she signed agreements specifically aimed at helping the NZ meat sector and she is currently negotiating a free trade agreement with the EU aimed at opening up the European market more to agricultural exports.

As for Greta Thunberg going missing in the Atlantic, she doesn't leave Plymouth until today!
If these idiots stop me getting my NZ Sauvignon Blanc there will be big trouble.

The bulk of them are bonkers. Blocked a major road in the City where I live for 3 days to protest about climate change. So all the drivers took a 5 mile detour. Brilliant thinking! These protestors walk amongst us.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Not sure what the NZ farmers and Tourist Industry would think of their Prime Minister encouraging travellers and Businesses NOT to trade with NZ. Utter rubbish

Refused to sign up with ER, they approached us collecting names and signatures.
Was asked why not, so told them I'm against ER policy of disrupting transport.
Mentioned about the recent media coverage of the son trying to visit his dying Father at a Bristol hospital but was stopped by an ER protest from doing so. A protestor interviewed on BBC that was traced and found to have social media posts with photos of lots of holidays in other countries.
Mentioned the protestor from Wales that flew to New York to speak at a UN climate change conference, when challenged about her flight, she claimed she was there with family.
Asked them why they believe families should only have a maximum of two children, when one of their organisers that's been on tv has four children ?
That's when they told me they were changing strategy altogether.

They defended the population reduction goal by saying having children is the most detrimental act anybody can do to damage the environment, there are simply too many humans on planet Earth. They boasted Prince Harry agrees with them and will not have a third child.

The woman that outlined the NZ strategy was originally from Tasmania. She claimed ER are working with Australian activists but suffered a setback at the last election, as politicians that were extremely supportive are out of office.

She claimed NZ PM Jacinda Ardern has declared an end to prioritising growth in GDP over the pursuit of happiness. The first country in the world to abandon economic growth as being more important than mental health and individual wellbeing. Ardern's government has set a 'Wellbeing Budget.'
Ardern is completely committed to tackling man made climate change. Recognising the dichotomy of exporting meat and dairy products tens of thousands of miles around the world, and accepting visitors for non-essential purposes travelling such long distances, whilst at the same time expecting everybody to make sacrifices, to save the planet.
Ardern realises that farming itself needs to reduce emissions and environmental damage.

She was full of praise for Ardern being prepared to lead the world by putting climate change ahead of economic growth. " The complete opposite of Trump. "

Having looked into it maybe what she said isn't as ridiculous as it first appears. Jacinda Ardern has made similar sounding pledges ?

I think Extinction Rebellion will attract much more support if they are genuinely distancing themselves from their disruption of transportation which impacts ordinary working people.

I've only just noticed the OP states this flight disruption planned for September is from a 'splinter group'.
Maybe ER leaders are arguing amongst themselves about exactly how to move forward ?

No mention of stopping wine exports btw.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I am all for protesting but these idiots blocked the road outside my office for a week.
This is a criminal offence of obstruction of the highway.
The police, in large numbers, just watched.
Madness.
The police cannot decide what is a good or bad cause. They gave a green light to law breaking.
What happens if 'Free Tommy Robinson' decide to sit in the road for a week? Will the police arrest them? If yes, why? Just a thought, and a worrying one to me as when the police allow mass disruption and law breaking, it opens the genies' bottle.
Old 14 Aug 19, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The police, in large numbers, just watched.
Madness.
The police cannot decide what is a good or bad cause. They gave a green light to law breaking.

Possibly a reason for the changed strategy, if there is any truth in this at all, is because ER have been told by the new Home Secretary that their free pass is over ?
There's no doubt the police had a very hands-off approach before, mostly. Perhaps that's finished.

Same with the schools not punishing parents for unauthorised absence of children to take part in Friday climate protests. Maybe that's changed now too.

Supposedly ER are working with Liberal Democrats quite closely. Jo Swinson is passionate about tackling man-made climate change. She is committed to ending internal flights within UK.

Political support for Extinction Rebellion makes the policing of protests tricky I suppose.
Old 29 Aug 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
The action, being organised by a splinter group of Extinction Rebellion supporters, is scheduled to start on Friday, September 13 and last for a week – but activists warn that it could go on for even longer.

With about 219,000 passengers using Heathrow on an average day, more than 1.5 million people could be affected.

Final planning documents, seen exclusively by The Mail on Sunday, show that the protesters will fly toy drones at head height over the airfield to stop aircraft landing or taking off.

thegwpf/climate-extr...throw-airport/

dailymail/news/art...w-airport.html
So it looks like you were right about the Dronesmaybe I wasn’t meant to have my holiday this year what with the BA Strike too
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
So it looks like you were right about the Dronesmaybe I wasn’t meant to have my holiday this year what with the BA Strike too
I know, just as I got BA sorted the drones begin Hope common sense and common decency will prevail.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

Why every time the Daily Mail is mentioned do you insist on mentioning that 80 YEARS ago they were supposedly supporters of Hitler?, not that l have ever seen any evidence of this.
Nobody alive today is responsible for what some people thought or didn't think so l fail to see your point

Edited at 05:42 PM. Reason: forgot to say this is for Chair 1519
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List