Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Aug 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Will Extinction Rebellion be to blame for these drone attacks ?
Haven't they claimed a group called Heathrow Pause are responsible ?

According to ITV News ER are taking over Deansgate in Manchester, and protesting at Manchester and Bristol airports etc, and planning a big protest in London on October 7th, they interviewed somebody from ER called Zion, she never mentioned drone attacks.

This group Heathrow Pause are an offshoot from ER.

ER have recently been working with the education sector in a bid to reduce meat consumption, as part of their campaign to target farming, and meat production, they want people to go Vegan.
The first college to get on board by removing all meat dishes from their cafe menu is Goldsmiths.
A spokesman said people do not always have alternatives to flying, such as trains or ships, and if they did, they may not be able to afford them, as flying is cheaper. On the other hand everybody has alternatives to eating animals.

I think ER should make themselves clearer that they have changed tactics away from disrupting travel, otherwise ER will still be blamed.

I'm surprised Owen Jones has announced the 'hard left' whoever they are, are going to block roads.
Just as ER realise it's losing them public support.

independent/travel...-a9083986.html
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by lindylou46 View Post
Why every time the Daily Mail is mentioned do you insist on mentioning that 80 YEARS ago they were supposedly supporters of Hitler?, not that l have ever seen any evidence of this.
Nobody alive today is responsible for what some people thought or didn't think so l fail to see your point
Interesting article explaining the link
timesofisrael/how-br...se-for-hitler/

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

ER blocking access to fashion clothing stores today in town.
Raising awareness of fashion industry impacting the environment. Aim to urge us not to buy new clothes but buy second-hand instead, or keep wearing old garments.
Small group outside OXFAM too.
Shop staff won't be happy, no sales, no job.
ER probably argue no planet no job ?
Don't any of them work, they're not all student age.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
ER blocking access to fashion clothing stores today in town.
Raising awareness of fashion industry impacting the environment. Aim to urge us not to buy new clothes but buy second-hand instead, or keep wearing old garments.
Small group outside OXFAM too.
Shop staff won't be happy, no sales, no job.
ER probably argue no planet no job ?
Don't any of them work, they're not all student age.
I saw a piece on the TV this morning. Complaining about the air miles that it takes to produce a garment in India and bring it to the U.K. Now, in principle I agree, you buy a top in Primark for £4 made in India etc etc travels to U.K. so we can pay £4. They want this practice stopped, the showed a brand in the U.K. where everything is ethically sourced a top over £50. Reality check people , whilst I’m all for adaptations etc the horse has bolted so... we close Primark, jobs in the U.K. go, not just the stores but delivery drivers, warehouse workers, transport from India and then we make some of the poorest people on the planet even poorer because no one wants goods made in India etc.

It seems to me, that there is no real plan just pie in the sky options. Yes, we should all do our bit, yes we pressurise governments but they’re directingthere anger at the wrong people ans TBH the wrong country... pop of to the USA or China etc and have a word with them
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Those idiots climbed onto a petrol station roof in Ipswich earlier today dressed as polar bears!

They arrived in a VAN - probably diesel - and used ladders to get to the roof

They have achieved what exactly?
Old 30 Aug 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

A lot of protestors and not just ER protestors are "professional protestors"they go from one cause to another causing obstruction.

I saw first hand the rubbish they left in London during the last protest , it was disgusting and many were not wearing old or secondhand garments and using bright shiny Iphones to spread their 'word' they were using plastic water bottles, coffee cups ,new tents which were left amongst the detrius ( including fake plastic trees etc) not even a thought to donate to the myriad of homeless charities in London.

If anyone saw the disgusting state that was left at the Reading festival by people who are concerned about the enviroment they would see the sheer Hypocrisy of a lot of protests.

There is a time and a place and until the worlds biggest users of wastage address their issues climate change won't change.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

ironically enough there were photos of the last carfest festival in the press a few days ago. The petrolheads left a pristine campsite behind them...
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
A lot of protestors and not just ER protestors are "professional protestors"they go from one cause to another causing obstruction.

I saw first hand the rubbish they left in London during the last protest , it was disgusting and many were not wearing old or secondhand garments and using bright shiny Iphones to spread their 'word' they were using plastic water bottles, coffee cups ,new tents which were left amongst the detrius ( including fake plastic trees etc) not even a thought to donate to the myriad of homeless charities in London.

If anyone saw the disgusting state that was left at the Reading festival by people who are concerned about the enviroment they would see the sheer Hypocrisy of a lot of protests.

There is a time and a place and until the worlds biggest users of wastage address their issues climate change won't change.
There are still evidence of their occupation on waterloo bridge very clearly there in form of pain (both spray and brush) that can’t be removed despite council using all sorts of methods and chemical so goodness alone makes me wonder what cost of the environment this has caused by their inconsiderate action.

And don’t get me started on all the plastic water bottles drank then filled with, i assume, urine that I had to step over every single day along the Southbank (and other human debris by the trees ... ) . I live on the Southbank so know how Pristine it is usually kept but for this protest it ceros not was unpleasant to residents and visitors- and the cost to me as a council tax payer to clear it up while they flew home or used other pollution producing transport ...

Off my soapbox now and to walk along our wonderful river - protest free
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
There are still evidence of their occupation on waterloo bridge very clearly there in form of pain (both spray and brush) that can’t be removed despite council using all sorts of methods and chemical so goodness alone makes me wonder what cost of the environment this has caused by their inconsiderate action.

And don’t get me started on all the plastic water bottles drank then filled with, i assume, urine that I had to step over every single day along the Southbank (and other human debris by the trees ... ) . I live on the Southbank so know how Pristine it is usually kept but for this protest it ceros not was unpleasant to residents and visitors- and the cost to me as a council tax payer to clear it up while they flew home or used other pollution producing transport ...

Off my soapbox now and to walk along our wonderful river - protest free

You are so right and I feel for you as a resident.

I only work in London a few times a month, and moved accommodation across to Battersea away from the protests etc ..I love London and these people are just blighting society with their misguided protests.

I saw protestors from Italy and Sheffield ( by their Banners) that was a long walk
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
... pop of to the USA or China etc and have a word with them
Tbf Greta is in the US I suppose.
Once the replacemant six man crew fly out to bring the racing yacht back to France, and Greta flies back with her team, they can plan their next trip.
I will be surprised if they don't go to China and India soon.