Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 26 Aug 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mummyknowsbest
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Shocked!

Just looking at Disney tickets for next year - shocked at the price increase from 2 years ago - we paid around £280 per person for 14 day ultimate tickets then. A huge increase since then 😥 are Disney getting too greedy or is the price increase worth it for extra rides/experiences does anyone know please? Thanks
mummyknowsbest is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by mummyknowsbest View Post
Just looking at Disney tickets for next year - shocked at the price increase from 2 years ago - we paid around £280 per person for 14 day ultimate tickets then. A huge increase since then 😥 are Disney getting too greedy or is the price increase worth it for extra rides/experiences does anyone know please? Thanks
Value for money is a very subjective thing. Yes the prices are sky high - Disney must be pretty confident they can encourage visitors otherwise they'd not be charging the prices they are.

I guess it'll boil down to how badly you want to go.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

They've got to pay for Star Wars some how!
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
They've got to pay for Star Wars some how!
That's from their parking fees alone, surely.

To be fair to WDW, DLP's parking fees are even more extortionate - €30 a day if you're not staying onsite.

(Bob Chapek, if you're reading this...don't you dare! )

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

I think they’ve been around £400 for a few years now. I’m guessing you got yours last time when they had that deal/sale on a couple of years ago for a month or 2. That took them under £300, but it hasn’t happened since.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

The poor exchange rate now is obviously a factor too.
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mummyknowsbest View Post
Not sure where you got your tickets from. Sounds like you got an absolute bargain!

This time 2 years ago (2017), the tickets for 2018 were £419. See the following thread from two years ago where the OP was also "shocked" at the price hike by in 2017:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1038441

So the price of the 2020 tickets now aren't that much different to what the price of the 2018 tickets were back when they were first released.

As I mentioned in that thread 2 years ago, in order to get tickets for 2017 at £284 the OP in that thread must have either bought the tickets before July the previous year (2016) or whilst Disney had their 25% discount on early in 2017. Because by August 2017, the 2017 ticket price was £379 and the 2018 ticket price was £419.

If you want a better price for 2020 tickets you could either wait until the end of this year when I suspect ticket prices will reduce or hope that the exchange rate goes back to what it was.

As to whether the increase in price is worth it based on the new experiences, that really depends on the person. Some would say no, some would say yes. I've booked and paid for tickets next year so, for me, the price is worth it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:09 AM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lorian45
Helping Donald

For what its worth we bought our tickets in 2016 for 2017 and it was £350 for 14 days

We bought them again in 2018 for 2019 and it was £399 - if I was to buy them today for this October I would be £385

and if I am wanting for next October its £449

yes its a jump but not massively so over a four year period and given the dollar has nose dived
lorian45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Thomson
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Team Thomson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Compared to what the Americans have to pay I think we get a pretty good deal.

Kirsty, David & Kyle x

:
Team Thomson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Team Thomson View Post
Compared to what the Americans have to pay I think we get a pretty good deal.
Yeah I have the same convo with my Mother at least once a year when we look at park tickets - especially as she only goes around four days at most. Its still cheaper to get the 14 day than the 4 days through US and usually the 14 day is the same price as the 7 so may as well. I agree that prices have jumped although I think it was probably 2016 we got sub £300 but still an OK price. Oh and the US tickets don't have the photo pass which I still like to use