Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 Sep 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post

So you just got a surly agent ?
I thought by the title it would be something really bad .
This wouldn’t bother me , I just want my car quickly with no up sell.
Sounds perfect.
Forget about it and enjoy your holiday 😎

Edited at 08:17 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by herby247 View Post
The speed was excellent and was what I d hoped for, but civility costs **** all 🤔
It doesnt sound like he was uncivil , he was brusque and businesslike ... he's not a CM so not expected to be showering you with pixiedust. He did his job, no more , no less. Speed over chatty sounds perfect after a long flight and the joys of US immigration to me . Maybe you looked tired or appeared non chatty and he thought that was what you'd prefer ... or maybe his last customer was an ≈≈≈≈ .
I've worked at Heathrow and holidaymakers love chatty but people who travel on business a lot just want to get on. Maybe he mistook you for a business type, next time wear Mickey ears so there's no mistake
Have a great holiday,

Edited at 08:10 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

OP

I know exactly where you’re coming from. I don’t think saying ‘please’ 1 or 2 times would get in the way of his efficiency.

Please put it behind you now and enjoy your holiday.

Old 3 Sep 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Im afraid i have met quite a few of these types of people in Orlando esp around the airport area, i am afraid you can call it want you want but really there is no excuse only rudeness! ...I am sure you will have a Magical stay however so dont let your first impressions make you think everyone are like him
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Quick/efficient & silent or slow & chatty...i'd take the first over the 2nd every time, especially after a long flight and wanting to get away from the airport.

Old 3 Sep 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
Im afraid i have met quite a few of these types of people in Orlando esp around the airport area, i am afraid you can call it want you want but really there is no excuse only rudeness! ...I am sure you will have a Magical stay however so dont let your first impressions make you think everyone are like him
I don’t read anything from the original post of them being rude, just not particularly engaging (which shouldn’t be an issue?).

If they were giving the hard sell or genuinely rude or difficult I would agree, but doesn’t seem the case here?

Wonder if the person in the other queue will post to say they were held up having to chat to their member of staff drawing out the process when the guy next to them was processed quickly without fuss?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

My view is the guy was doing this job.

I bet the other couple who were having all the laughs didnt notice they had been charged for roadside, extra coverage, and everything else the agent could add on in the laugh and jokes of sign here without reading.

i have had the jokes and lets talk to the kids to distract dad when asking him to sign something treatment.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
My view is the guy was doing this job.

I bet the other couple who were having all the laughs didnt notice they had been charged for roadside, extra coverage, and everything else the agent could add on in the laugh and jokes of sign here without reading.

i have had the jokes and lets talk to the kids to distract dad when asking him to sign something treatment.
Nail on the head Rick, i'd be more wary of someone that's overfriendly as IMO they'd be more likely to put something in that you didn't ask for and fight you for it when you ask later.
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

So not horrible then?
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'll take functional as I want to be out of there asap. Way more suspicious of the "agent" who is being overly friendly - he's trying to get your guard down with the "mate" thing while he's trying to slip extra charges onto your invoice!
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List