Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I would say yes, love Uni
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post

We prefer Universal to Disney, in fact we no longer go to Disney so I would say yes it is worth it.

Depends on the individual really
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sanmiguel
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Having been for the first time for 10 years to both parks we now prefer Universal to Disney as our kids are now grown up and are young adults.We love the vibe of Citywalk etc and I personally think Disney has got greedy filled the parks with more on site guests and made a park visit more frustrating if you want to ride the big ticket rides and are not interested in character meets and parades (as we are). But it’s each to their own as most folk are saying what interests a 5 year old will not interest an 18 year old etc.
Sanmiguel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

It is very expensive but we all love Universal and do it every time we go. Think of how much extra it costs compared to entire trip and it may not seem as much of an outlay. Going all that way and paying all we do for it for us it's worth it for us to spend the extra to do it do universal as we all enjoy it so much.
corey1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Could not imagine a trip to Orlando without doing Universal and a night at one of the 3 FOLP hotels
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We have done Orlando without Disney a few times (I miss the water parks when we do that) and sometimes without Seaworld/Busch Gardens but never without Universal.

We like to spend a week onsite and go to the parks every day. A lot of the attractions can be done numerous times and we just love everything about the place.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

We haven't done Universal since our first trip in 2013, and likely won't go back unless they pull something amazing out their hat.

I know both Disney and Universal are designed to get the maximum out your pocket, with the minimum of complaints, but Universal to us felt like that, ride-shop-food-ride-shop-food, while Disney feels like we can just sit and chill. Also, like another poster, I had issues fitting into some of the rides. Disney just feels friendlier, I guess.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Down to your taste and interests- me for example, we choose Universal over Disney, but everyone is different 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Little Green
Trading Disney Pins

I think Universal is expensive, but good value when you compare it with other events.

We’ve just paid £708 for 3x adult 2 day park to park plus 1 day “free” from Orlando Attractions. This works out at just less than £80 each per day, which is on the one hand jaw-droppingly expensive, but only about the same price as a stadium gig, or a day festival, or two rounds of golf at our local posh club, or a one day pass to the Open. So it doesn’t feel too outrageous, especially when you factor in the number of hours of fun.

I’ve been many times before, DH once with me, and DSS once with his mum. This trip is just 5 full days in Orlando and we’re all HP fans so we’re just doing Universal, with two days hiking/kayaking.

Next time in Orlando I think we’ll be with my DS, DIL and DGS who are Disney nuts, so perhaps will have to give Universal a miss. But our next USA trip is likely to be Yosemite, or Utah, or maybe New England... so much else to see and do!
Little Green is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It really depends on your family group, with interests (Harry P) and maybe age as well as height coming in to consideration.

In the case of our family, whilst we consider Universal to be of acceptable value, we regard a Discovery Cove ultimate non swim as very good value... and Disney as extortion, from the tickets to the food prices to the car parking to the merchandise. Consequently, we haven’t entered Disney on our last 5 visits to Orlando.

We all have a different perspective of value and where it can be found.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:58 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List