Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Sep 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Bare Necessities - Day 1 Wednesday 31st July 2019 Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs

Day 1 Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs Wednesday 31st July 2019

Welcome to The Bare Necessities Trip Report. I’m Abby and I went to Orlando at the end of July 2019 with my husband David, our children Max (14) and Kate (12). We’ve been to Orlando before But this trip was different as we had my parents Jac and Tom with us, they will be referred to as Mum and Dad or Grandma and Grandad throughout the report. I was so excited to take them with us as this was their first time to WDW.

Day 1

Winnie the Pooh woke us up at 6am as I had set the room phone wake up call. He sang "what to do, what to do, what to do at Walt Disney World? I hope you have a wondrous day today" Now, technically Pooh did NOT wake any of us up as I’d been awake since about 4.30am I'm sure you all know what the combo of excitement and still being on British time is like, Dave wasn't too far behind me and had been awake from 5am and then the kids were up just before 6am. Still, it felt like we were allowed to get ready when Pooh told us it was time to go

We got ourselves sorted for Magic Kingdom.

Kate had her Belle bow (still got them Alicia ) and picked out her ears.

I decided on the silver sparkle ones. We were really lucky to get some lovely compliments about the ears and I was proudly able to say I'd made them

We left our room at about 7.45am as we were very keen to get going and went round to Mum and Dad to collect them. We were really lucky this morning as the bus arrived as we were walking to the bus stop. We were on the bus and it was pulling away from FQ at 7.51am. We got to Magic Kingdom at 8.05am. That’s not bad for bus stop to Magic Kingdom. I’m putting in the timings as, well, mainly because I noted them , but also because this morning was perfect for bus timings (they weren’t all perfect ) and also as I think it’s helpful as often people think MK is a long way from these resorts.

Kate and me sat on the back row of the bus.

Dave sat in front of us. It was one of the buses with purple seats which don’t have seats facing opposite each other on either side of the bus. This was one of the buses where you’re facing forward. Max was in the four seater area with Mum and Dad.

He kindly swapped seats with Mum so that she could face forward and see what was coming up ahead.

The bag check area was pretty good. We did our first Mickey to Mickey and we were in the Magic Kingdom. I was so excited to show Mum and Dad everything that we loved. As the park didn’t open until 9am today and it was just 8.16am I got in the queue to have our photo taken by the train station.

It was a lovely sunny morning and we were all looking forward to the day ahead.

We’d been teasing Dad as he decided to bring his resort mug with him today as he hadn’t finished his drink. I know lots of people bring the mugs to parks, but we never bother as we don’t like bringing large back packs and can’t be bothered to carry them after the drink is finished. Anyway, he was proudly holding his mug in the photos here.

I was really pleased we had lots of time to soak up the atmosphere and before watching the Let the Magic Begin opening show on the stage in front of the castle.

We wandered through to Main Street and Kate asked to go to the shops to look for autograph books, this was handy as Dad needed the restroom. In the shop Kate found a lovely Toy Story autograph book, which incidentally was the same as the one in the shop at FQ that she had discounted the night before! Still, she was pleased with the selection they had and decided this was the best choice.

At the counter the cast member gave Kate lots of stickers for her book and also to stick on her shirt. He then spotted Max and gave him lots of stickers. He was a lovely guy asking where we were from and if we had been to WDW before. Mum said it was her first visit today, so the cast member (I'm cross that I didn't note his name ) gave her and Dad first visit badges and all the rest of us got our I’m celebrating badges. Dad wore his first visit badge every single day we were there .

We slowly walked up Main Street and sat on the wall over at the side near Adventureland and waited for the show to start.

When it began we went over to the hub area. Mum really like the show as she felt like the characters all looked like they were supposed to look.

I was getting stressed out as she had wandered right over towards the front and I had stayed over to the side as I wanted to be able to nip down past Sleepy Hollow to make our way over to BTMR as soon as rope drop happened . There was a crowd of people already waiting at the rope drop and I could see Mum edging further over towards Fantasyland. Max and Kate were with Mum though and they knew which direction we were going to be heading in so when the show had finished they rounded her up and brought her back over to us and we joined the throng of people walking to BTMR.

There were quite a lot of us in this crowd and there was a bit of a bottleneck at the entrance to the ride. The wait time said it would be 20 minutes and this was pretty accurate. It took about this for us to walk through the queue line and while we didn’t really stand still and have to wait in line this was a longer line than I had hoped or anticipated.

We were lucky here as we were allocated the last three rows. The kids were deciding who would ride with who, most of the trip I rode with Dave and they alternated taking it in turns to ride with Mum and Dad.

On this ride Kate was with Mum and they were right in the back row. We were joking that was the worst place to be as it would be the fastest and Mum was getting a bit worried. Dave and me were in front of them and then Dad and Max were in front of us. At the end of the ride when the bar was released Dad was still holding it down so they got stuck on the ride and the cast member had to come along and release it so they could get off. I was telling Dad that he would have to go round again.

We all enjoyed the wildest ride in the wilderness, well Mum and Dad said they enjoyed it, I think they did! Mum said it was a bit rickety and that she had her eyes closed most of the time

After that we queued up for Splash Mountain, it said a 20 minute wait on the sign and it was more like 15 minutes (when we got off the ride and walked back out the wait time had shot up to 80 minutes).

We collected our little zip lock bags, not that I used my I just wanted it as a souvenir!

This is hands down my favourite ride at WDW. I know it’s not got the technical wow of FOP, but I just love all the inside bits that you float on through, all the characters in here are great. I love the song and I love the Everything is Satisfactual sign at the end of the ride. The drop part of the ride is fun, clearly Max and Kate had made a prior agreement as to what they were going to do here as they both pulled out some moves.

I hardly got wet at all, 3rd row is the place to be to avoid the water, Mum and Max up front both got a face full of water.

I had hoped to fit in Pirates as a 3rd attraction prior to going to breakfast, but we didn’t have time as we had a 10am breakfast ADR at Be Our Guest. At the time I was disappointed but looking back and writing this it feels like such a lovely morning, we’d seen the opening show, we’d ridden both BTMR and Splash Mountain on stand by without FP and we made it over to BOG only 5 minutes late for our slot. Really that is good going. I think we’ve had better mornings at MK where we get more stuff done when it opens at 8am as it is much quieter and we’ve done multiple rides as walk ons before 10am. I kept hoping they would change the opening times to 8am but it didn’t happen. Even so the morning was great and we were only a couple of hours in and still plenty more park time.

Back to today, I had pre ordered 3 meals. Given that we had lunch booked for 1pm at Tony's we wanted to share breakfast so as not to fill up. At the podium I asked if I could add a couple of snack items as I wanted to get the grey stuff for Mum and Dad to try.

It took us a little while to find a table that was large enough and also clean, it was pretty busy at this time, but after a couple of trips around the room we ended up with a nice table. By the time we left at nearly 11 it was very quiet and they were clearly getting ready for lunch (just in time to get to the end of our FP window for Haunted Mansion).

We shared 3 QS which meant me and Dave had a Bellini and a Mimosa and my parents shared the other Bellini. The kids enjoyed going to the soda machines and filling up on drinks.

The meals were all shared too, we had a Croque Madam, Feast A la Gaston and the open faced bacon and egg sandwich.

Plus of course the 2 trays of pastries. I also got us 2 of the grey stuff as snack credits.

I found cutting the grey stuff cupcakes somewhat tricky poor cup cake I properly butchered it.

It was all fab and we demolished the lot!

After breakfast we went to the Haunted Mansion which was our first FP of the trip. They loved this ride, I think they liked all the clamshell rides!

At the end where you look in the mirror and the ghosts are in the doom buggy with you the ghost switched Kate’s and Mum’s head.

Then we wandered round to Speedway for our 2nd FP. Kate was really hot at this point so Mum got her cooling towel out and Max and Dave went off to wet it so that Kate could put it round her neck. Kate rode with Dad, Max rode with Mum and I rode with Dave. Max kept bumping into Kate and Dad Dave was going so slowly that we were nowhere near catching up with the others His slowness also made cross as I wanted to get photos of them.

As we were all boiling by now I decided it was time for a nice cool down so we watched Carousel of Progress. This is another of my favourite attractions. Don’t even get me started on the song as I will be singing that all day now that I’ve thought of it, but that’s not a bad thing as I love it. I was a bit annoyed that the man in front of us was on his phone throughout the whole show, rude

Then we went round the corner to the laugh floor.

This is one of the kids favourites they were really hoping that one of us would be picked on again like last year.

But no such luck this time around.

By now it was getting a bit late, our FP for Buzz was from 12.15 and our lunch was at 1pm. It was around 12.45 and while I know we should have gone to the restaurant I figured we would only be a little bit late…so we went on Buzz.

And I’m glad we did as we had a brilliant time on this ride.

Dad was well on his was to being a galactic hero.

He scored over 940,000 Dave and Max could not believe it.

Dave was feeling pretty good about his 246,000, but then he glanced over at Dad’s control panel and realised how big his score was. Max got 190,000.

I managed a score of 22,500, Kate got 23,900 as you can see in the photo below.

Essentially this was all we talked about at lunch. I explained that there are loads of you tube vlogs where people will tell you how to score big and become a galactic hero and Dave was asking why I hadn’t told him before so he could prepare better.

We ended up being about 20 minutes late for our 1pm slot and I apologised to the person checking us in, but they were fine and said it wasn’t a problem. We grabbed a cup of water and then barely finished the water before we were called in, except they had a table for 4 not 6, I'm not sure why/how this happened, so we then ended up waiting about 20 minutes until a table for 6 was ready.

We were shown to our table and our server was Bryant from Chicago if you read the food report you already know why I love him. He was awesome and I put in a cast compliment for him .

We'd all been looking at the menu in the waiting area so we had an idea of what we wanted, when Bryant arrived at the table he said "Right folks, we are on a mission, I've got your ticket and we are going to see if we can get through a 3 course meal in time for you to get to the show" it was about 1.55pm by now.

The others had absolutely no clue what was going on because I hadn't filled them in on the finer details . I said this to Bryant and he laughed and said "sure enough the people don't need to know about how things are done as it's all part of the magic". I said to Bryant that the parade really didn't matter, but he was insistent that he would get us through the meal while not rushing us.

An impossible task you might think, except somehow he pulled it off. I guess he had no intention of getting us through 3 courses and he'd already decided that he would pack up the desserts. At the time though I didn't think of this and I fell a little bit in love with him right then.

He took our drinks order and our starter order. I then explained to everyone else what Bryant and I had been talking about and why we were on a deadline. I also explained that a lot of people will stake a claim to a piece of pavement but that I didn’t want us to sit out in the sun so long.

Ok on to the meal. Mum, Dave and me had red wine. Dad had a beer. Kate had the non alcoholic cocktail and Max had coke.

The lovely warm focaccia bread was delivered and Dad asked for some balsamic to go with it, this was brought out speedily and was no problem at all.

For starters, the kids both had the deep fried mozzarella sticks and they loved it.

Mum had the spinach dip, it wasn't quite what she was expecting but she really enjoyed it.

Dave had the salad and really liked this.

I had the mozzarella and beef tomatoes caprese salad. This was perfect not too heavy.

Dad had the winning starter. The Calamari. It was huge absolutely delicious and he loved it. He still thinks this was the best starter he had all trip.

I'd heard of people being given their mains before they had finished their starter, but that was not the case even though we were on a mission. About half way through the starter Bryant took our main meal orders.

We had plenty of time to finish the starter and the plates were cleared so we didn’t have lots of stuff all over the table. I thought there was no chance of us seeing the parade, but as we were having a lovely time I actually wasn't fussed and I actually wasn’t stressing about it all.

For mains, I had the trio, this was fab. The chicken parmigiana was my favourite really good. I ate about half of it.

Max had a pepperoni pizza and managed half too. The rest was boxed up to go in the fridge.

Mum had the chicken parmigiana and loved it but it was way too much.

Kate had the meatballs and spaghetti. She wasn't a massive fan of them, but managed a bit of the spaghetti and sauce.

Dave had the ravioli with a chicken breast, he loved it. His was probably the smallest plate, he finished it all.

Dad had the steak medallions, with mash and seasonal veg, he said the steak was beautiful and tasted like it was fillet steak. He loved it.

I kind of knew we were out of time as it was 3pm now. But Bryant came to the rescue. He said he would take our dessert order, but get it to go. And not to worry as while the parade started at 3pm it wouldn’t get to the station until at least 3.10 so we would be fine to run over the road to the viewing area.

Kate and Dave had vanilla gelato in a large cup. This I am told was very tasty. They ate this while watching the parade.

Mum, Max and me went for the tiramisu. This was boxed up and we had it the next day for a snack, it was pretty good.

Dad had the canoli.

We settled up and happily paid the tip, it was well deserved. I had explained at the start that we each had dining plans and Bryant said that of course it was no problem splitting the check.

All in all it was a fab meal and we made it to the viewing area with 1 minute to spare, we could see the parade coming down main street.

There was a lot of space over there in the viewing area and we all were stood together with our own piece of curb space without having to camp out in the sun.

I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly. We loved it. This is somewhere that we have never been before but I really do want to go back. It was fab.

Lots of parade photos coming up now as I really did think it was brilliant. I cannot believe it’s the first time I’ve seen this parade. I really miss the Electrical Parade and while this is not the same it is a brilliant parade and I’m thinking that we will have to put Tony’s and the parade package down on the list for next year.

After the parade we made our way to the bus stop and didn’t have long to wait before a bus came along. We were hot and tired and pretty stuffed still from the awesome lunch. On the bus back to the resort Dad told the lady he was sitting next to about him nearly becoming a galactic hero. The kids thought it was funny that he was telling random strangers about his exploits.

We quickly got changed and went to the pool. I lounged around on a sun bed, although it was quite cloudy. The kids and Dave played in the water (we left Mum and Dad to have a snooze). Then we came back to have a shower and get ready to go out to Disney Springs in the evening. Kate had a nap and took a bit of time to wake up and didn’t really want to go back out. But we managed to get her up and out the door by 7.45pm.

We had wanted to go by boat to DS, but the waterway was closed as there had been quite a lot of rain. So we caught the bus, which didn’t take long. It was still very drizzly rain which we are not used to in Florida, usually it’s 10 minutes and it’s over with, but it had been a couple of hours of slow drizzle and it ended up raining like this all night.

Of course, I had a plan of where to go and this is one I had been dreaming about for a long time. Polite Pig we were supposed to go to Ghiradelli for dessert, but we were too stuffed from dinner.

This is a QS restaurant where you order at a counter get given the buzzer and the food is brought to your table. We shared 4 QS and the kids had a soda each as snack credits. I figured this was the best way to go so that we could all get an alcoholic drink.

With each 'From the smoker' main dish you get a mini cornbread muffin, coleslaw and your choice of sides.

We had baby back ribs (which were huge) these were super tasty. Prime Brisket, this was my favourite so tender. Smoked Turkey breast, this was ok as far as I was concerned, but Dave thought this was the best. Our 4th main dish was the Cedar Plank Salmon, this was delicious.

From the 'Market sides' we chose BBQ cauliflower, which I really liked but the others not so much. Crispy Brussels sprouts, these were a winner among the adults, they were delicious, BBQ waffle fries, I didn't try any of these as the kids shared them, I think they liked them as they disappeared very quickly. Side Caesar, this was universally hated by all of us and was the only thing that didn't get eaten up.

Here is the ribs and fries on the left and brisket with Brussels on the right.

Salmon and cauliflower.

Turkey and the offending salad

For drinks my Dad chose a Yuengling beer. The rest of us had cocktails. Mum and Dave had sweet tea old fashioned, I was surprised Mum picked this as she doesn't like Bourbon, but perhaps she didn't realise what was in it. She watered it down but I don't think she liked it very much. Dave loved it

Beer and old fashioned.

I had 'Bee's Knees' gin, honey and lemon, this was very tasty, on the right...

All in all it was a fab meal and one I'd love to go back to as there was lots I'd have liked to try. The only poor choice was the salad.

After the meal we waddled along to World of Disney where me and Dad picked up the $200 gift cards and we all had a mooch about. We couldn’t find Mum and Max, after a lot of walking around we finally spotted them, Mum had wanted to buy Max something as she had got Kate the autograph book earlier so he got a ball for the pool. It was a Toy Story ball, which it turned out the lifeguards said was too heavy for the pool so they gave him a blow up small ball instead.

We couldn’t face Ghiradelli as we were way too stuffed so around 9.30pm we walked back to the bus stop very tired after our first day, but very happy. We were back in the room and all changed and ready for bed by 10.15pm.

It had been a good one and I felt like Mum and Dad had enjoyed it and I know the kids loved going on all the rides with them. The restaurant choices had all been perfect, we had eaten a great range of food and we’d seen the parade. It really was brilliant day.

Statistics
Steps 18,547, that's us taking it easy for Mum and Dad (we've had over 30,000 on day 1 before)
Attractions 7, plus the parade

Coming Soon
Next up tomorrow is Epcot for EMH, the one and only Garden Grill (but breakfast this year so technically it's a first for us), a very special Dibb meet up and then Hollywood Studios in the evening for my favourite fireworks.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Day 1 and Dad is taking on Legend status already, and that is not just because of his Galactic Hero exploits
A fab breakfast at BoG and I have to admit if you order more widely from the breakfast offering , the meal is better.
I'm not sure I could have coped with lunch so soon after but love your Haunted Mansion pics, amazing that you never seem to be able to pose for this photo
As for Bryant, I'm glad he had enough boxes for remaining food for lunch. Sounds as if he lived up to his server reputation

Lovely parade photos as always.

How you managed to fit in Polite Pig in the evening I would never know
Fab place this and even if paying outwith Dining Plan is great value for money

What a great introduction for the grandparents and what a packed and busy start to the holiday

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What a brilliant day, your mum and dad look like they were loving it. Great service for lunch too, and you managed to cram in so many fun things. Looking forward to the next installment

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Ahhh that all sounds so wonderful! Polite Pig sounds amazing (love those sprouts ) Great tip about Tony’s parade package, I didn’t realise you could do that as part of the dining plan! Will definitely be looking into that
Looking forward to reading more
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Fantastic first day - you made the most of every minute! Can’t believe all the rides you managed and the parade and the restaurants! Can’t wait to try Polite Pig😀
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ah your planning cards are definitely abridged this year.

You capture the excitement of the first day so well, I felt like I was along there with you, I could even smell the Disney smell as though I was in your room with you.

I clocked your dad’s mug before you even mentioned it! We never bother with them either as it’s just another thing to lug around.

Good for your dad sporting his First Visit badge, my mum wouldn’t wear hers and I was so disappointed. Although not as disappointed as I am that we didn’t keep our own.

So funny that Dave was annoyed he couldn’t prep for Buzz, as if he’d have listened if you told him that when you were at home. My heart was fluttering at your dad telling the lady on the bus that he was almost a Galactic Hero.

I did not know that you’ve never seen Festival of Fantasy before!

How nice of the lifeguards to give Max another ball, great Disney service.

A really fab first day, you must have been so pleased at the end of it at how well it had all come together.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Day 1 and Dad is taking on Legend status already, and that is not just because of his Galactic Hero exploits
A fab breakfast at BoG and I have to admit if you order more widely from the breakfast offering , the meal is better.
I'm not sure I could have coped with lunch so soon after but love your Haunted Mansion pics, amazing that you never seem to be able to pose for this photo
As for Bryant, I'm glad he had enough boxes for remaining food for lunch. Sounds as if he lived up to his server reputation

Lovely parade photos as always.

How you managed to fit in Polite Pig in the evening I would never know
Fab place this and even if paying outwith Dining Plan is great value for money

What a great introduction for the grandparents and what a packed and busy start to the holiday

It certainly was a day of being stuffed full of food! I'd happily eat at all those places again though they were great choices. Plus, even though we'd told mum and dad it wouldn't just be burgers and hot dogs I don't think they thought they'd eat so well...Although thinking about it for 6 people you're given 6TS, 6QS and 12 snacks, we ate 6TS (not the pudding though), 7QS (3 at breakfast and 4 at dinner), plus just 2 snacks (the Grey stuff). So we didn't come very close at all to eating all the food we were supposed to eat, if you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
What a brilliant day, your mum and dad look like they were loving it. Great service for lunch too, and you managed to cram in so many fun things. Looking forward to the next installment
It was a brilliant day. Family back home said that mum and dad always looked like they were having a great time in the photos as they were beaming from ear to ear.

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Ahhh that all sounds so wonderful! Polite Pig sounds amazing (love those sprouts ) Great tip about Tony’s parade package, I didn’t realise you could do that as part of the dining plan! Will definitely be looking into that
Looking forward to reading more
Yes the parade package and 3 courses with no exclusions on the menu all for 1 TS credit, it's a steal!

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Fantastic first day - you made the most of every minute! Can’t believe all the rides you managed and the parade and the restaurants! Can’t wait to try Polite Pig😀
Writing it up felt a bit different than at the time, I was a bit frustrated that we hadn't done absolutely everything I wanted on the day. This is of course a real shame as I didn't appreciate it so much at the time, it was a fantastic day and everyone had a marvelous time.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Ah your planning cards are definitely abridged this year.

You capture the excitement of the first day so well, I felt like I was along there with you, I could even smell the Disney smell as though I was in your room with you.

I clocked your dad’s mug before you even mentioned it! We never bother with them either as it’s just another thing to lug around.

Good for your dad sporting his First Visit badge, my mum wouldn’t wear hers and I was so disappointed. Although not as disappointed as I am that we didn’t keep our own.

So funny that Dave was annoyed he couldn’t prep for Buzz, as if he’d have listened if you told him that when you were at home. My heart was fluttering at your dad telling the lady on the bus that he was almost a Galactic Hero.

I did not know that you’ve never seen Festival of Fantasy before!

How nice of the lifeguards to give Max another ball, great Disney service.

A really fab first day, you must have been so pleased at the end of it at how well it had all come together.
Yep, way less notes this year. Although some of them had notes on the back for me to remember my plans...for this day I knew I wasn't going to touch Fantasyland or Storybook Circus as I wanted mum and dad to see the other parts of MK not the bits that you expect to see.

It was lovely writing it up, such a shame I kept worrying about it all at the time. The weather in the evening really bothered me as we couldn't get the boat and then we had to sort of run/fast walk through DS to Polite Pig trying to get from shop canopy to canopy without getting too wet. It's so silly, it's hardly my fault! Like I could control the weather

Dad was actually glad of having the mug at BOG as he poured his drink in and had a drink to go too. But he didn't bring the mug along any other day. At least I don't think he did, he didn't bother with a bag and I don't remember him bringing it to the parks other than on the first day. I'll have to have a close inspection of the photos.

I thought it was so lovely that he put his badge on every day. I don't remember too many cast members wishing him a happy first visit though so that's a shame, but of course he didn't know that was something they do, so he didn't feel like he was missing out. One time he forgot, he realised at the bus stop and was going to run back and get it but the bus was coming.

Nope Dave would not have done the prepping required to be a galactic hero and as I'm not fussed I've never bothered paying attention to those you tube vlogs so I'm no help at all. Dave and Max were saying that maybe Dad had a dodgy counter and that maybe it hadn't re-set to zero. I suppose that's possible but I figure he just must have got lucky with a couple of the high value targets. He had no idea how he'd done it, but he was pretty proud of himself.

I know it's naughty of me to have never seen Festival of Fantasy It's at the wrong time as we normally leave the parks by 2pm for a rest/swim and then aren't back until later. Now though I'm thinking I'll have to do it again next year. Max has already said not to bother doing it next as we've done it now so I'll have some convincing.

Oh and talking of next year...

Last night I told the kids they can pick one TS to repeat from all that we've done before.

As I was reeling off some of the places we've been to I realised I'm going to find it hard to stick to this mandate

Kate found it surprisingly easy I kept reminding her of her other faves but she stuck to her guns. I then said that I think she's picked the one Dave will go for...so she might get lucky and get a second choice.

Max had 2 and really wanted Kate to pick his second choice as her substitute if Dave does go for the same place.

So, any ideas what they have chosen? Also, why oh why did I say just one pick each from places we've been to before

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

That's a very generous offer Abby, I'm not too sure I could be so kind.

I think Kate picked California Grill brunch and Dave will too.

Max, I feel, is a man of simple tastes and has picked Beaches and Cream and that his second choice was Crystal Palace.

This is like a logic puzzle.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
That's a very generous offer Abby, I'm not too sure I could be so kind.

I think Kate picked California Grill brunch and Dave will too.

Max, I feel, is a man of simple tastes and has picked Beaches and Cream and that his second choice was Crystal Palace.

This is like a logic puzzle.
I was hoping they'd pick one's I wanted it wasn't wholly altruistic

Of course you're right with Kate's choice, she knew exactly what she wanted. I still haven't asked Dave but surely he will go for this. I did ask Kate about Crystal Palace and she wasn't fussed about missing out she said she still wants to do some characters but it's fine if we don't see them all

You're wrong with Max's, he went for one from way back on our 2nd trip, our first with DDP. We've only done it once. It's in a park and I'm not that fussed, but I did say he could pick. Does that help? His second choice is a really good one as I love it and that should have given it away! He really wants Kate to change her pick to this as we can't not go there...

Old 6 Sep 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I was hoping they'd pick one's I wanted it wasn't wholly altruistic

Of course you're right with Kate's choice, she knew exactly what she wanted. I still haven't asked Dave but surely he will go for this. I did ask Kate about Crystal Palace and she wasn't fussed about missing out she said she still wants to do some characters but it's fine if we don't see them all

You're wrong with Max's, he went for one from way back on our 2nd trip, our first with DDP. We've only done it once. It's in a park and I'm not that fussed, but I did say he could pick. Does that help? His second choice is a really good one as I love it and that should have given it away! He really wants Kate to change her pick to this as we can't not go there...
Just to add, I'm glad you're joining in with my game! Other guesses would be welcomed