Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My husband takes these, Kirkland Vit D3 2000 IU. He's a roofer, so gets closer to the sun than most people. He has PMR and is on steroids that have horrible side effects.
He was told to take them by a pain management consultant, they seem to be helping. Same doctor said many people are deficient in the UK, mainly due to worries over skin cancer. Or working long hours inside with no sunlight.

Kirkland is Costco brand, but you can order from Amazon.

Edited at 02:01 PM.
olgaandcoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
My hubby had the same problems - extreme tiredness, feeling ill and achey all the time. Doc did blood tests for everything and the only issue was a lack of Vitamin D. The problem is, he spent years working as a theatre technician and was like a vampire - he didn't see daylight for years! So now he is on 1,000 IU capsules in spring, autumn and winter, and in summer I put him on 800 IU capsules, taking him off anything when we go to the USA. He definitely feels better for being on these supplements.
I might be wrong but if you are putting on loads of high factor suncream on holiday or summer there isn’t any point dropping the dose as you aren’t soaking up the vitamin d
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
Can I ask what mg your tablet is? I've got 25mg, was told it was cheaper to buy over the counter than get a prescription! But there was so many options, I went for the middle one! This says 500% daily recommended allowance which seems a lot? The Dr didn't tell me what strength to get and I didn't realise there was so many options!
I just buy the vitabiotics one off amazon and take a tablet a day 1 x 25mg
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m glad I found this thread - I found out today I’ve a vitamin d deficiency got a prescription for supplements to start ASAP. I work from home so don’t get out as much as I need to. I’m going to try and go for a walk at lunchtime going forward to get away from the desk. I sometimes fall asleep in the day but I put it down to the after effects of the chemo I had but it may just be the lack of being outside as much as I should be. I did feel loads better and way more energetic on our recent 3 weeks on Orlando and slept better too.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I didn't realise low Vitamin D could affect you so much

Last year I had blood test and they said I had slightly lower Vitamin D and Calcium levels, they gave me some pills to take for a few weeks but never mentioned going back, they never did another blood test or mentioned taking the pills long-term. I cant say I've had any of the symptoms mentioned here other than falling asleep at 8 in the evening after work, but I put this down to getting up at 5am and slacking off with the gym recently

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The proper way to get your natural Vitamin D is to spend the recommended time for your skin type in the sun every day without any sun cream, then go and put on your sun cream. In Florida I sit outside and eat breakfast with as much skin exposed as is decent, then I go and apply screen for the rest of the day
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have recently read that the sun over the U.K. does not have sufficient strength for 6 months of the year to be beneficial. 😩
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I have recently read that the sun over the U.K. does not have sufficient strength for 6 months of the year to be beneficial. 😩
that would make sense, my doctor said its likely ill be on the 800iu tablets for the rest of my life now...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes I’ve been deficient for years & have to take a high supplement. I’m also hypothyroid (on levothyroxine), b12 deficient (get injections) & have Sleep Apnea (on CPAP) all of those can mimic each other’s symptoms so it took 10 years to discover all mine & I’m finally getting quality of life back!
Hope you feel better soon xx
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
I might be wrong but if you are putting on loads of high factor suncream on holiday or summer there isn’t any point dropping the dose as you aren’t soaking up the vitamin d
No, we don't put on any sunscreen as we both have a very high tolerance for sunlight and don't burn, plus we are not sunbathers - any sun we do catch, tends to be while we are outside queueing for Disney rides or touring somewhere. I assumed this would get him the levels of Vitamin D that he needs in the summer?