Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 12 Sep 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeydons11
Excited about Disney

Mobile Black Friday Malls or Outlets best?

I’ve never been over on Black Friday before. Anyone know if the outlets or Malls are better for bargains on this day? I was thinking the Florida Mall...
June 08 Regal Sun/Hampton Inn
Jan 09 PoP CeNtUrY Oct/Nov 09 PoP!
dopeydons11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dopeydons11 View Post
I’ve never been over on Black Friday before. Anyone know if the outlets or Malls are better for bargains on this day? I was thinking the Florida Mall...
This isn’t answering your question but it might be food for thought.

I stayed over Thanksgiving weekend once and the shops were a nightmare, took me ages to park and I just couldn’t browse in the crowds.

Since then I do my Christmas shopping in the days before Black Friday, as most stores in the malls and outlets start “pre-Thanksgiving” sales on the Fri/Sat before Thanksgiving Thursday. Smaller crowds and good offers. I then fly home on the Weds.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeydons11
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ah ok, I don’t arrive until thanksgiving day though so was thinking of booking the Florida Mall hotel for the first night and braving the mall the next day. Might regret it though if it’s really crazy!
June 08 Regal Sun/Hampton Inn
Jan 09 PoP CeNtUrY Oct/Nov 09 PoP!
dopeydons11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bigsis3
Excited about Disney

We stayed in Florida mall hotel last thanksgiving and doing it again this year... Loved it and got some great bargains. Some of the shops started their sales on thanksgiving in late afternoon then the rest followed on Black Friday morning.
bigsis3 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
This isn’t answering your question but it might be food for thought.

I stayed over Thanksgiving weekend once and the shops were a nightmare, took me ages to park and I just couldn’t browse in the crowds.

Since then I do my Christmas shopping in the days before Black Friday, as most stores in the malls and outlets start “pre-Thanksgiving” sales on the Fri/Sat before Thanksgiving Thursday. Smaller crowds and good offers. I then fly home on the Weds.
I totally agree with you, we went to the FM one year on BF, huge tailbacks of traffic & when we eventually got to the Mall we couldn’t park!😡
We now stay away from the shops on BF & likewise don’t go anywhere near the parks
on TG, a total nightmare!😲

Edited at 10:37 PM.
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Out of curiosity: have any of you done the midnight openings? I'm wondering if it's still crazy overnight or if middle of the night is the time to go.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

What day is black Friday in the US?
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
What day is black Friday in the US?
November 29.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dopeydons11 View Post
Ah ok, I don’t arrive until thanksgiving day though so was thinking of booking the Florida Mall hotel for the first night and braving the mall the next day. Might regret it though if it’s really crazy!
Ahh that’s different - you won’t have the struggle of queuing to get into the car park and then looking for a space, so you won’t be pee’d off before you even go into the stores !

Check out their opening hours - might be extra early and/or extra late which might fit in with how you sleep the first couple of days.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeydons11
Excited about Disney

Yes it looks like it opened at 6am last year so could be good for me on the first day! Am a bit worried about getting an Uber/Lyft to Disney after though if the traffic is mental!

Am usually there first 2 weeks of November.

Edited at 12:56 PM.