Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

I ordered the space grey IPhone 11 pro as I wanted the swanky new camera (oh and the new phone of course!). Im afraid we are very tied into the Apple eco system with Mac's, iPads, watches etc so couldn't even think about swapping - most of my family own iPhones as well so makes it so much easier (and im afraid I dont like android).

I will get around £436 back from my iPhone X which is said would go to pay off part of my device plan for the new phone but of course now im thinking I could put it toward an upgrade for my flight next year... decisions, decisions...
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
Not many people know this and it isn't advertised or promoted in store but rather than getting tied into a contract with a mobile company you can buy a brand new iphone on "Apple iPhone Payments" and pay it up over 20mths, INTEREST FREE.
Its called iphone payments.
apple/uk/legal/sales...nepayments_uk/
Only available in store not online..
Thats not really used anymore as it has been superseded by the iphone upgrade programme some time ago. Main difference is that you have apple care in the upgrade programme.

apple/uk/shop/iphone...pgrade-program

Basically you pay for the phone and Apple care monthly and can either just pay it for 2 years and then cancel and keep the phone, or continue to pay it and trade in the phone for a new one every year if you want to.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Thats not really used anymore as it has been superseded by the iphone upgrade programme some time ago. Main difference is that you have apple care in the upgrade programme.

apple/uk/shop/iphone...pgrade-program

Basically you pay for the phone and Apple care monthly and can either just pay it for 2 years and then cancel and keep the phone, or continue to pay it and trade in the phone for a new one every year if you want to.
I used to do this years ago but unfortunately looks like they stopped it. It was £120 interest if I wanted to buy from Apple via their Barclays finance offer so I just put it on a credit card.

Although Three have just released their packages and my equivalent package there would be £88 more overall over 24 months so I’m now tempted to do that so as not to have to pay the whole £729 upfront.

Decisions, decisions...
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

iPhone 11 Pro Max for me on the upgrade programme.

I've always preferred the way iOS works to Android. Find Android bitty and inconsistent, plus unless you're very careful which android phone you buy, the upgrade situation is awful. Samsung takes months to announce latest android upgrades if they do at all.

However, have to agree with everyone else that Apple are lagging in innovation these days and that makes it harder to part with the premium price I have a galaxy note 10+ at work which is better technically than the latest iphones in almost every way (just wish it has ios on it)

Also agree the prices are stupid but it's without doubt the device I use most often so I'll live with it I guess :/
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
No 5g capability is a big disappointment. I guess there will be a 11s at some point with this chipset
I’m fairly loyal to Apple but this means I won’t be upgrading just yet.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I have the Iphone XR and wanted the basic 11 - but the difference between them is not worth £700 odd to me. So I will wait until this one plays up.

A lot of the specs are the same so seems a lot for a better camera and 1 hour better battery life

I am looking forward to some of the new features of the new operating system.

Tempted by the new iwatch
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I have an iPhone X. It's still pretty smooth, but I'm starting to have vague issues with apps and Safari pages reloading (which suggests not enough RAM for my usage) and I'm now having to charge it during the day (so battery isn't as good as it used to be).

Still on the fence about upgrading. I'm tempted by the iPhone 11 Pro - for the improved battery life and cameras. Waiting for reviews to see how much better the cameras are. Also waiting for confirmation of how much RAM it has - right now there are conflicting reports of either 4GB or 6GB.

I'm very tied into the Apple ecosystem (Macbook, iPhone, Apple Watch, Airpods...) and love how well the entire ecosystem works together. So it would take something pretty dramatic to make me switch to Android...
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Is it just me or are people finding the deals for a new handset with the phone providers are long gone?

EE prices are silly. So much so my Wife bought her XR from Apple and went SIM only. Me, I just get 'hand me downs'
I got a decent deal on contract with 3 for the XR last month, 24 months, through uswitch.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
15isto2
Imagineer

My 6s is still working ok so I will hold out for a year and wait on 5g capability, I would have upgraded this year if they had 5g
15isto2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Iphone user all the way but swapped my 8 for the Samsung Galaxys10+ , mainly due to the contract ( unlimited and roaming plus) being £35 a month cheaper than my current iphone8 contract was.
(stuck with Vodaphone as the only mobile that has a signal where I am)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List