Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
QuickSilver
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 13 Sep 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
novocastrian
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 14
Next summer flights prices ... blimy !

after careful consideration/discussion we have agreed we would all like to head back to florida next year, will be 3 years since last visit

have to stick to some fairly rigid dates due to work holiday rota

so tied roughly to weekend July 24/25/26 to weekend Aug 7/8/9 & had a brief look about at flights and wow have they gone up or what !

happy to go indirect ideally only 1 stop but even this is coming back stupid prices . Direct from newcastle is over 1k each so thats not happening & unless something changes flights wise we will have to can it..

Edited at 04:51 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber
 
MINI MOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 09
Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
after careful consideration/discussion we have agreed we would all like to head back to florida next year, will be 3 years since last visit

have to stick to some fairly rigid dates due to work holiday rota

so tied roughly to weekend July 24/25/26 to weekend Aug 7/8/9 & had a brief look about at flights and wow have they gone up or what !

happy to go indirect ideally only 1 stop but even this is coming back stupid prices . Direct from newcastle is over 1k each so thats not happening & unless something changes flights wise we will have to can it..
Look on Netflights from Manchester asthete wete some good prices on their yesterday for those dates .
MINI MOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
first time just me and the hubby
Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
novocastrian
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 14
Originally Posted by MINI MOUSE View Post
Look on Netflights from Manchester asthete wete some good prices on their yesterday for those dates .
is @691 a decent deal these days ? going via EWR.. so not too bad a route done this before

EDIT thats hand luggage only ...

Edited at 05:09 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 14
It might be worth considering a flight from Ireland.

You could check Dublin and Belfast, we are flying direct from Belfast to Orlando with Virgin 3 adults and 1 child and the cost was 2500.
__________________

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to our happy place
Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 14
Originally Posted by Grapesoda View Post
It might be worth considering a flight from Ireland.

You could check Dublin and Belfast, we are flying direct from Belfast to Orlando with Virgin 3 adults and 1 child and the cost was 2500.

Oh dear, scrap that idea I've just checked our exact flights and they are now 7600!

I must have got lucky
__________________

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to our happy place
Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber
 
MINI MOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 09
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
is @691 a decent deal these days ? going via EWR.. so not too bad a route done this before

EDIT thats hand luggage only ...
Yesterday

Edited at 05:20 PM.
MINI MOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
first time just me and the hubby
Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
novocastrian
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 14
Originally Posted by Grapesoda View Post
Oh dear, scrap that idea I've just checked our exact flights and they are now 7600!

I must have got lucky
its insane the prices I'm seeing...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
novocastrian
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 14
Originally Posted by MINI MOUSE View Post


Yesterday
couldnt see the screen shots earlier on my phone, but thats more like it... but needs to be 24/24/26... no chance of flying out on the 22nd, sadly

its a minefield..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Reply
Orlando Attraction Tickets

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TravelPlanners

theDIBB Menu

Ocean Florida

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2543
CaxtonFX  $1.2533
Covent Garden FX  $1.2618
FAIRFX  $1.2550
John Lewis  $1.2589
M&S  $1.2293
Post Office  $1.2320
Sainsburys  $1.2548
TESCO  $1.2569
Travelex  $1.2461
Updated: 04:30 17/10/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1346
CaxtonFX  €1.1313
Covent Garden FX  €1.1391
FAIRFX  €1.1340
John Lewis  €1.1387
M&S  €1.1162
Post Office  €1.1143
Sainsburys  €1.1348
TESCO  €1.1369
Travelex  €1.1274
Updated: 04:30 17/10/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Wed 16th Oct 11:41pm
Now: 24C/75F
Light Rain
Light Rain
Cloud Cover: 90%
Wind: 6mph - WNW Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1013mb
Humidity: 94%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 03:40 17/10/2019