Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Sounds like you had an amazing time! 5 weeks until I go so just making final plans, only have 1 day in Kyoto though and can't make the shrine until mid morning which is a shame, oh well will have to go back! How long did it take you to get to the top and down? I've read about 3 hours!
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

It has 2 "levels" at least to go up - we chicken out at level one and did not go higher, but it was somewhat ruined by the sheer numbers of people there - who just stop and want you to wait so they can clear the background to their photo so it is nice an empty. Really need to get there silly early I read to experience it at its best.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great report! We're headed to Tokyo 7 weeks today! We're just doing Tokyo & Disney as I wanted to play it safe on our 1st trip to Asia. Hopefully it should be cooler in November.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the tips. I read it's best to take photos on way back down but I guess everyone wants to take them straight away. Unfortunately we only have 1 day to spare for Kyoto (poor planning initially!) and it's our 1st day (flying to Osaka and staying there for 3 nights) and due to arriving late in the evening we can't pick up the pocket wifi until the next day at 9am, such a pain!
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I want to go back October / November time next year so be V interested to hear how weather is for you. Would like to go back then, making it happen is another matter lol - I need a guru that knows how to use the web sites to setup flight alerts when prices hit certain levels.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Short legs View Post
Sounds like you had an amazing time! 5 weeks until I go so just making final plans, only have 1 day in Kyoto though and can't make the shrine until mid morning which is a shame, oh well will have to go back! How long did it take you to get to the top and down? I've read about 3 hours!
It was about 3 hours but then we took our time. There are cats that hang around the shrine so kept stopping to talk to them The view is at the halfway point, there is not a view at the top but I'm glad we went all the way to the top.
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Has anyone been in August ? These weather posts are making me nervous, despite loving the heat!

My two boys are now in exam seasons between them for literally the next seven years and then won’t want to travel with us I expect! So we really only have August 2021 to make this trip happen as a family - please say we can still enjoy it?!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So looking forward to all the reports for October/November as looks like that will be out visit time 2021. I love planning strange but finding Japan a bit daunting. I already speak a few bits of the language & intend to learn essential phrases, like 'we are lost' & 'please help' etc!
Old 30 Sep 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
So looking forward to all the reports for October/November as looks like that will be out visit time 2021. I love planning strange but finding Japan a bit daunting. I already speak a few bits of the language & intend to learn essential phrases, like 'we are lost' & 'please help' etc!
I was the same before going. You will be surprised at how easy it is - especially re transport. I find London much more trouble!

Edited at 11:46 AM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
Great report! We're headed to Tokyo 7 weeks today! We're just doing Tokyo & Disney as I wanted to play it safe on our 1st trip to Asia. Hopefully it should be cooler in November.
Could you report back (or PM me please) wanting to know about weather and Disney tickets etc for when we go. Have a fantastic time.