Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Sep 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Help me overcome my fear of drops

I mean drop rides. I’ve been to Disney twice and never rode Tower of Terror because of my, well, terror of sudden drop rides. I’ve YouTubed the ride and desperately want to ride it but can’t get over the fear of those drops. Has anyone ever ridden it with a similar fear? Is it terrible? Any tips that could help me overcome my fear? Thanks 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I was really scared before I went on it the first time as I don't tend to like those type of rides. To be fair I'm thinking more about the external tower type rides like Doctor Doom at Universal.

As soon as I went on it I really enjoyed it and went back on again. So it can't have been too bad!

The theming is excellent, but the first time you just want the whole thing to be over.

I would just try to get the first go out of the way by kind of 'embracing' the fall, shouting through it etc. and it's really not that bad.
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Just get on and do it? Its like a fear of anything until you step over that line itll always be a fear, i have friends that sky dive, why oh why would anybody jump out of a perfectly good plane? It has power engines let the dam thing land and step off, after admiring the view.
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Just get on and do it? Its like a fear of anything until you step over that line itll always be a fear, i have friends that sky dive, why oh why would anybody jump out of a perfectly good plane? It has power engines let the dam thing land and step off, after admiring the view.
Lol that made me laugh. I’m certainly not going to try skydiving! I’ve been in a couple of drop rides - I’m thinking of one in the London Dungeons - and really hated it but you’re right, it’ll always be a fear until I try it
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
I was really scared before I went on it the first time as I don't tend to like those type of rides. To be fair I'm thinking more about the external tower type rides like Doctor Doom at Universal.

As soon as I went on it I really enjoyed it and went back on again. So it can't have been too bad!

The theming is excellent, but the first time you just want the whole thing to be over.

I would just try to get the first go out of the way by kind of 'embracing' the fall, shouting through it etc. and it's really not that bad.
Do you think it was easier being inside? I don’t like heights either so that always puts me off, how high they go. Thanks for the reassurance. I’m really going to try and psych myself up for it. I’m pretty sure I will be screaming throughout. How fast were the drops?
Old 14 Sep 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Ive been yrying to do falcons fury at busch since the day it opened,and we have been back every year since it opened, but we only go one day to busch, and it been closed every time, my wifey thinks i plan this😣 thats a lot of planning as we dont plan anything.
Old 14 Sep 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

In reality, the car you sit in on the ride doesn't "drop" from the top down. It is lowered down from under you at speed! No, really! Mind over matter and go for it. When you've done it once you'll be wanting to get straight back on and ride again.
Old 14 Sep 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Do you think it was easier being inside? I don’t like heights either so that always puts me off, how high they go. Thanks for the reassurance. I’m really going to try and psych myself up for it. I’m pretty sure I will be screaming throughout. How fast were the drops?
Hate heights but able now to do TOT, I will do Splash Mountain but ALWAYS close my eyes as we go over the top. With TOT you don't know exactly when it will drop. It is not that bad actually. The first ride is the worse because you don't know what to expect, after that it will be fine. You do it once and if you really don't like it never do it again... until the next time Good luck. YOU CAN DO IT!
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Yes, I think it's easier being inside, although you do get some views of outside.

The drops vary. I think it's randomized.
Old 14 Sep 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Go to Busch Gardens and force yourself to ride 'Falcon's Fury'- you will then be laughing as you go on Tower of Terror. It's the bit where it tips forward at the top, and you are entirely relying on the restraint, that got me, and I have no fear of any rides usually

Edited at 02:24 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List