Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Sep 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Turtles
Proud to wear my Ears

Only used the toilet in the caravan if it was tipping it down outside and at night. Always made sure that the site we were stopping at had excellent showers and toilet facilities/reviews.
Turtles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Exactly what husband used to say. I wasn’t prepared to empty the toilet so site facilities it was !
Applications to do a number 2 had to be submitted in writing 48 hours in advance! Seriously, we always chose a site with immaculate facilities so it was no great hardship.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies, I am detailed for the Chemical disposal unit as it is tweely called. All the onboard features are used.
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We use our loo for a wee but go to the shower block for anything else and also showers. We do have a shower in the van but we don’t use it.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we use the site facilities for showers as it is more conveinient than heating the water and filling the aqua roll, also DH tells me that it has taken years to stop water ingress getting into a caravan so why fill it with steam from a hot shower. we do however use the toilet in the night
taffs travels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
we use the site facilities for showers as it is more conveinient than heating the water and filling the aqua roll, also DH tells me that it has taken years to stop water ingress getting into a caravan so why fill it with steam from a hot shower. we do however use the toilet in the night
Ha ha that’s what I say - It takes me all my time keeping water out without sloshing it around on the inside!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
With us it depends. We all tend to use the loo in the van for wees. Husband and I often shower in the van, kids usually in a shower block. No 2's in the block. Unless the site has no facilities. Husband and I went up to the Highlands in the summer, no block so everything in the van.
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We are actually sitting in our tourer enjoying a glass of wine at the moment in sunny Somerset. We only use our toilet in the night and never use the shower. We use the communal blocks which are usually kept very clean on the sites we use. It’s just easier than using the van shower and toilet. We have caravanned for around 30 years and the only time we have used the shower in any of our vans is when the children were very small as it seemed easier with toddlers.

Edited at 08:22 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
When we had our van we were the same as most on here, we tended to use the on site facilities as much as possible but used the loo in the van overnight. I occasionally had a shower on board but no one else did except when we managed to book a site where the facilities were not up to standard, in those occasions poor dh was kept busy filling and emptying everything
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
We have 2 aqua rolls to make sure we don't run out half way through a shower, the other one just pops out and changes it over.