Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

DD moved out to be with boyfriend a week ago. yesterday had a phone call (been getting them daily... much more communicative since she moved out!) -

how do I make those lovely roast parsnips we have at home?

followed later by which washing machine setting do we use for sheets and towels?

followed later by how do we clean the mirror so it is not all streaky?

My lovely daughter who could burn water is cooking! (more than she ever did at home...) and doing laundry (ditto) and cleaning (ditto) - I don't mind the phone calls
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I have been away and not on Dibb for few days but this did make me laugh, I love how she knew you have to ask the dibb lol! When we were away I kept saying, someone on the dibb said we need to go here or do this...my husband thinks im bonkers but doesnt argue with me (or the dibb) You have taught her well Sam!

It is hard living with older teens, yes, our DS has just moved back in and we are in a period of rapid adjustment I hope she has a great time away.x
I'm sure they will have a ball Louise, she's just messaged saying bags dropped off and they are through security and she's off to boots lol. Says airports nice and quiet lucky them she's just got to locate virgin lounge next we never flew virgin so I can't help her with that one, waiting for all the holiday spam pics to commence any minute now on my Insta and Facebook and get jealous. Right I'm off to transform her messy room into a rose gold Palace for her sister... Wish me luck I'm not the best decorator in the world x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
DD moved out to be with boyfriend a week ago. yesterday had a phone call (been getting them daily... much more communicative since she moved out!) -

how do I make those lovely roast parsnips we have at home?

followed later by which washing machine setting do we use for sheets and towels?

followed later by how do we clean the mirror so it is not all streaky?

My lovely daughter who could burn water is cooking! (more than she ever did at home...) and doing laundry (ditto) and cleaning (ditto) - I don't mind the phone calls
Those are the sort of calls I'd love, it's nice knowing they can fend for themselves even if still do need a bit of guidence.. Meg can cook but when she has her own place I think ill get lots of calls about washing machine functions 😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I’m another one that’s always been really independent and that is probably the reason I moved out so young!

Even in high school I was doing a lot for myself and once I was college and uni I might as well have lived independently completely, as I haven’t borrowed money or asked for things since I was 17.

I moved out at 21, 23 now, still don’t ask my mum for help with things or money(dad isn’t around), quite surprised with some of the comments on here of things that grown up children get their parents to do! I’m always the one looking after my mum, but I guess everyone is different!

Edited at 09:48 AM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
planecrazi3778
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I stopped relying on my mum when I was 16, probably earlier if I think about it. I don't think every child is the same, my sisters still rely on my mum, but not for everything. I have a wonderful mum who I know I can rely on should I need anything, but I'm doing just fine! Lol!
planecrazi3778 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List