Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Indirect via Canada?

Hi
What do you need for this? I will have an ESTA but dont we need some type of other document for Canada? Thinking perhaps to stay for a few days.
Anyone flown indirect to MCO what was it like?
Also anyone stayed a few days then moved on was it worth it?
TIA
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

You need us and Canadian esta

We flew via Montreal a few years ago stayed overnight at airport hotels seemed to help with jet lag. You clear us immigration in Canada so you arrive as internal passenger in the US which was good. We had over an hour clearing Canadian immigration on the way from the Uk the rest was easy. Air canada were great imho better than BA and virgin would do it again,
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
You need us and Canadian esta

We flew via Montreal a few years ago stayed overnight at airport hotels seemed to help with jet lag. You clear us immigration in Canada so you arrive as internal passenger in the US which was good. We had over an hour clearing Canadian immigration on the way from the Uk the rest was easy. Air canada were great imho better than BA and virgin would do it again,
Thinking of staying to go and see Niagra falls have you done that?
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I have done on another tip (not to Florida) you need to fly via Toronto great city niagra is about an hour or so away and amazing for me as good as the Grand Canyon.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You need an ETA for Canada (which is essentially the same thing as an ESTA but is cheaper and lasts 5 years)

If you are going via Canada (it will most likely be Toronto) then I would recommend a few days in TO (what Torontonians call their city) to see the sites.

It would take six months to do Toronto justice - but you can do a whirlwind of all the major items in 48hours (72 if you want to add in Niagara Falls - and if you've never seen it you should - its natural beauty makes the Disney Castle seem plain and ordinary)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went via Toronto in July as flights were very cheap. You need an ETA and it’s 7 CAD per person. You clear immigration in Toronto so arriving into USA is easy peasy.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You need an ETA for Canada (which is essentially the same thing as an ESTA but is cheaper and lasts 5 years)

If you are going via Canada (it will most likely be Toronto) then I would recommend a few days in TO (what Torontonians call their city) to see the sites.

It would take six months to do Toronto justice - but you can do a whirlwind of all the major items in 48hours (72 if you want to add in Niagara Falls - and if you've never seen it you should - its natural beauty makes the Disney Castle seem plain and ordinary)
Sounds fabulous...I will do research but what are your must sees? Where would you suggest staying if I were to stay for a few nights?
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
We went via Toronto in July as flights were very cheap. You need an ETA and it’s 7 CAD per person. You clear immigration in Toronto so arriving into USA is easy peasy.
How quick are the ETA approving? Are they as scary as the ESTA? Don’t ask me why but I really hate doing the ESTA’S...
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Sounds fabulous...I will do research but what are your must sees? Where would you suggest staying if I were to stay for a few nights?
Loads of great places to stay, the residence inn on Wellington is a good bet though as it's a two minute walk south to the CN tower and the Rogers Centre (baseball) and AC center (I've hockey).

Eaton Centre is a great shopping centre (lots of stores you won't see in the US).

Queen and King streets are the main cultural areas (theatre, food, bars) and well worth a few hours of your time

The ROM (royal Ontario museum) is about the best musuem on the planet, the AGO (art gallery Ontario) can easily eat up a day of anyone's time.

Then youve got Canadas Wonderland which has some awesome rollercoaster included one gigacoaster (there are only 5 or so of these in the world and none in Florida)

Niagara is great and will easily take a full day (best to hire a car and drive - unless you take my next suggestion then you'll want to take the train - which is really easy too)

Niagara on the lake is the HQ of the Ontario vineyards and a day sampling their wares is one of the best you will ever have if you lien wine (even if you don't you have to try Icewine)

Lived in TO for 3 years - far too.much good stuff to put in a post but the above should get you started
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
How quick are the ETA approving? Are they as scary as the ESTA? Don’t ask me why but I really hate doing the ESTA’S...
I've responded to your post in the other thread - though to respond to this ETA are quite quick responding. Only a few minutes for an email to come through. The only thing is you have to pay for each person separately on a Canadian ETA - you can't pay as a group like you can with the USA ESTA.

Some top tips in Toronto though - The CN Tower, the harbour, the Toronto Islands, you could also see a hockey game there, the aquarium, the Eaton Centre is an underground shopping centre, Candas Wonderland is a theme park about an hour away, if I can think of anything I'll add to this later!

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List