Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Sep 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by HenrysDad View Post
Do you book through the Costco website?
costcotravel.co.uk
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Meb
Chilling at Carribean Beach

So we booked for next July via Costco travel, Hertz, picking up off airport at Disney Holiday Inn as staying in Port Orleans, so can get Magical express from MCO, this was cheaper by approx. £100 for 2 days less and less stressful on arrival after 9 hour flight!
Intermediate SUV for £327 13 days inc extra driver and insurance LDW/LIS, cheaper than direct with Hertz and can cancel up to 2 days before free.
Hope this helps anyone else thinking of booking with them...
Meb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Thankyou for this no idea Costco do car hire
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Just today I picked up that leaflet in Costco and wondered if they were worth looking at, and now I know. Thank you for your post, very informative.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
Just today I picked up that leaflet in Costco and wondered if they were worth looking at, and now I know. Thank you for your post, very informative.
Checked today and there is good prices for August, suburban for 2 weeks inc additional driver for £768.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi
Seen a great price for car hire from Costco and noticed the pay now price and pay later price is a difference of nearly £300. That’s a really big difference. Not sure wether to book with Costco or DFCH. Decisions decisions 😂
scotsprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
andylad
Very Serious Dibber

Nice post ,thanks for the info.

andylad
andylad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
Hi
Seen a great price for car hire from Costco and noticed the pay now price and pay later price is a difference of nearly £300. That’s a really big difference. Not sure wether to book with Costco or DFCH. Decisions decisions 😂
When I booked mine it was cheaper to pay later than now, bit strange, but it was in my favour.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MMCMK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnwick View Post
Having used this board prior to our visit to find out as much as possible about booking car hire through Costco I thought I should "repay" things and let people know how it went. Hopefully it will help someone.
When we started looking for car hire we had no idea Costco did this until we got an email mailshot from them. So we decided to price it up through their website. We kept an eye on prices and just after New Year got an incredible price for our 5 week hire. It was approx. £200 cheaper than anywhere else for an intermediate car.
There was a choice of pay now (in pounds) or pay later at the end of hire (in dollars) and we decided to pay later. The pay now price was even cheaper. However for flexibility we did the "pay later" In hindsight we wish we had done "pay now" as the exchange rate worsened after Brexit. But there you go.
From booking to actually going on holiday we kept a close eye on prices - with Costco and a number of others - but it never went as low as that again. It went close to it but never beat it and no other providers had as low a price. So we are confident we got an excellent price ($813).
It was difficult to get any clarity on insurance, hence the reason we used the forum to try and find answers. However we now know that full LDW and LIS are included as is unlimited miles and all the other necessary fees. And your spouse is free as an extra driver. The only thing which we could have added on when we picked up the car were some kind of enhanced breakdown and enhanced personal cover. Which we declined.
We joined Hertz Gold before we left however there was no way of linking the Costco booking to the Gold club membership. Hertz do tell you this somewhere on their website as do Costco on theirs.
When we arrived at Orlando we went directly to the garage and the Gold Desk. They tried to help but said they couldn't so we had to go to the desk in the airport. The desk agent told us that the Gold Desk should have been able to deal with the booking in the garage as although the Costco booking was not linked to my Hertz Gold membership it was easy enough for them to do this and indicated it was more a case of "they couldn't be bothered". Going back to the desk cost us about 45 minutes however there was no upselling and it was quite straightforward.
One thing to be aware of. Just before I signed off the rental agreement at the desk the agent advised my card would be authorised for a sum of $1014. I assumed this was a standard hold amount for the rental and it would not be charged. The agent confirmed this. It was a little worrying to see this sum as a "pending" charge in my credit card banking app the next day. However it came to nothing and did not appear the following day as an actual transaction. So he was correct.
We went to the garage and chose our car from a row of about 20 cars. Varying models and mileages however we got a brand new Nissan Sentra. Quite happy with that.
On return to the garage it was straightforward. Pulled into a bay. Mileage checked. Fuel level checked. and print out of a bill for the $813 I had signed up for. It took about 60 seconds. And a couple of days later my card has been debited the correct amount.
So we got our hire for a great price, with all insurances and fees and Hertz did turn out to be a good choice. Of course we would always follow the advice on this board and shop around. However if it turns out that Costco are good for you, pricewise, then based on our hire, you need have no worries about the insurances and fees.
I have used Costco on one occasion where I got a terrific deal. But prices change almost daily on car rentals. I see a deal book it and the continue to watch the comparisons . If I get better than £30 saving I change the booking. Dollar and Budget are my go-to's..compare at Auto europe
Orlando & Club TI [04/14] Villa Clermont[10/13] ClubTI St.Petes [03/13] H.I.Vac Res Orange Lake [10/12] DTree SeaWorld [04/12] MG Lakeside (10/11) Springhill I-Drive&Bahamas (04/11) NY & Philly (12/10) Lake Eve (10/10) West Coast&Mexico Riviera (04/10) Tuscana Suites (04/09) Seralago/Bahamas (10/09) BWL&Bahamas&St. Petes (10/08) BWL&Reedy Creek [Apr08&07&06)
MMCMK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List