Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Sep 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Regal palms or something similar?

I am considering going back to Flordia with the family for a final time altogether we haven't been since 2015 and I was contemplating going back December 2021.

There are 6 of us in total
Me, DH, 3xDD aged 18,18 and almost 16 when we go and we will have our DS who will be 4. He has never been before.

I dont want a villa (although I've never had one before) we are to big a family now for a hotel so I was thinking of a town house with a communal pool. Somewhere like Regal Palms or Bahama Bay for example. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Or have any feedback and advice?
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have a look at Emerald Island, Windsor Hills, Windsor at Westside, Storey Lake, Terra Verde and Encantada, they all have townhouses and communal facilities, some will have splash pools too. We’ve stayed at Bahama Bay before and whilst we loved it and had a wonderful trip, and the condos are huge, we really like our own pool now as it’s just so relaxing. We’re staying at Emerald Island next year as it was communal facilities and our own pool so we have the option to use both.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed in encantada in a 3 bed townhouse with splash pool xx great resort nice pool area , small restaurant and bar . They also have 4 bed houses with larger pools .
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We stayed at regal palms in 2013 and the townhouse was lovely but we found it too far from the parks. In 2014 we had a condo at Cypress pointe resort and loved it, close to the parks and loads of restaurants in walking distance. Storey lake looks lovely though, if I was to stay in a townhouse again I would look there.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Thanks guys I'll have a look at your recommendations
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

We love terra verde as pool is always busy but not that you don't get a sun bed. The bar for snacks and drinks are well priced and lovely.
There is basketball area, golf and play area.
Although the resort pool is great all 3 bedroom town houses have jacuzzi and 4 bedroom have plunge pool. Which is great for drinks out back of townhouse at night with family.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We've always enjoyed Encantada although disappointed that they now charge resort fees which adds considerably to the cost.
This year we stayed at few nights at Hapimag which is very similar to Encantada but without the resort fees.
Although further down the 192 the location is still excellent with Walmart a couple of minutes away and loads of restaurants as well.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3075
Excited about Disney

Goofy3075's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 8
The resort fees on Encantada are charged only by CLC for their own properties.
Privately owned properties don't tend to charge resort fees (I don't) and there is no charge by the HOA.
CLC own about half of the properties on the resort which tend to have the hot tubs and were designed to have fewer bedrooms. The only lease parts of the clubhouse. They don't own the resort.

Encantada Holiday Home
4 bed, 3 bath, private pool, lake side location, very close to Disney, free super fast Wi-Fi.
Free resort facilities: 2 x pools, 2 x spas, gym, clubhouse with a licenced bar and pool table.
Florida Vacation Licence Number DWE5919120
Goofy3075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List