Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes he’s being unreasonable and unrealistic. Nothing is going to change your solicitor should be making that clear and if he doesn’t like it he can pull out-there’s pretty much nothing you can do.

I had a similar buyer and after an endless stream of queries I told the estate agent to carry on marketing it and tell him if he wanted it to get in with it. Upshot was we lost the house we wanted but got a better one and a better offer 😀 YMMV!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

How much would the new fence etc that he wants, cost ?

Offer to deduct 75% of that off the selling price (assuming he adds a bit on to that estimate !) and he then has the money to put up the fence etc exactly as he wants it.

Nothing you can do about the neighbour’s fence. If he wants to control all his boundaries tell him to buy a house in the middle of a field,
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Thank you for everyone's views, with the agreement of our solicitor we have written him a letter stating the 2 facts - 1 that the fence was put up by us and 2 that it is on our land not the boundary. We did this ourselves as the solicitor would have charged us to do and according to our solicitor the letter has no legal value whatsoever regardless of who wrote it, but it has shut him up and we are hoping to exchange next week once we have agreed a completion date (whole other story! )
Old 27 Sep 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Thank you for everyone's views, with the agreement of our solicitor we have written him a letter stating the 2 facts - 1 that the fence was put up by us and 2 that it is on our land not the boundary. We did this ourselves as the solicitor would have charged us to do and according to our solicitor the letter has no legal value whatsoever regardless of who wrote it, but it has shut him up and we are hoping to exchange next week once we have agreed a completion date (whole other story! )
I really hope all goes well.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I would be putting the house back on the market to force his hand.
Had do do something similar in May when we sold our house. They were messing around and I just told the agent I had had enough. Worked a treat.
If they want the house, then they want the house. If they pull out - then they were never that interested anyway.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I would be putting the house back on the market to force his hand.
Had do do something similar in May when we sold our house. They were messing around and I just told the agent I had had enough. Worked a treat.
If they want the house, then they want the house. If they pull out - then they were never that interested anyway.
Agree with you on that.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List