Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Sep 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Booking Disney to avoid a fee to change

I’m hoping to book for next year but not sure on dates, am I right to think if I book POR for the 5 of us but don’t upgrade the DDP if I need to change the dates once flights are booked I can do that and upgrade dining as well to avoid the charge?
I did think about doing it for just 1 person but I didn’t know if we would be allocated a different room for 5!
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We have booked 17 days for 1 person at PORS. Once the flights are booked I will phone and decrease the days and increase the guests. This also means that I wont be hit by the admin fee as the price difference by decreasing the days is outweighed by the increase in guests. (£50 admin fee if your overall stay decreases in price)

Rooms are not allocated until a few days before checkin, so as long as you book a room type that supports 5 people.

The great thing about booking for 1 person is that if we need to cancel for any reason, its only £50 cancellation.

Check out some Deluxe hotels if your increasing the dinning plan. Sometimes there isnt much difference once you increase a moderate dining plan.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 09:00 AM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you that’s what I thought. The only thing was when I was looking the price for 5 was the same as for 1 for accommodation so does the difference come in for tickets?
Putting a spanner in the works DH says he thinks the room looks very cramped for 5, think we were spoilt last time as we got moved to OKW villa!
I need to find out when feee dining stops to see how long I’ve got as I don’t think it’s long.
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

PORS will feel cramped compared to OKW. It depends on how much time you spend in the room. PORS room size is 314 sq ft and OKW is 376 sq ft. So almost 17% smaller and no balcony.

Disney rooms are the same price, either 1 or 5 people. The difference is the tickets. If you book PORS now for 1 person with extended dates, then you have saved the free dining offer. You can then change resort (subject to availability), increase guests or change your dates. Even after the offer has finished, even next year. Worst case is a £50 admin/cancellation fee.

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Thank you that’s what I thought. The only thing was when I was looking the price for 5 was the same as for 1 for accommodation so does the difference come in for tickets?
Putting a spanner in the works DH says he thinks the room looks very cramped for 5, think we were spoilt last time as we got moved to OKW villa!
I need to find out when feee dining stops to see how long I’ve got as I don’t think it’s long.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We originally booked por for 1 person but had to book the 5th sleeper room initially as they went fast with the free dine offer. Akl was cheaper than the dining upgrade as well so as sprocket was check when you add people on,
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you both.
I’ve looked at them all and POR with upgraded dining plan is about £700 cheaper than beach club which is my all time favourite buy AKL is over £5000 more expensive! Not sure why unless the room type is not there.
I’m watching what we book though as we shouldn’t be going next year (again!)
Old 19 Sep 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

AKL sells out quickly as its the cheapest deluxe. I dont know why as its amazing. Your AKL price will be for club or a suite (and probably not really available as you have to call to book those).

For £700 extra, I would jump at BC from PORS with slightly bigger rooms than OKW. Location is amazing. This October we upgraded from PORS to AKL and then to BC.

Remember its only £50 to reserve the deal. Go reserve BC while its there, im sure that will go quicker than PORS, which you could down grade to. Or book both knowing you will have to cancel one booking and loose £50

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Thank you both.
I’ve looked at them all and POR with upgraded dining plan is about £700 cheaper than beach club which is my all time favourite buy AKL is over £5000 more expensive! Not sure why unless the room type is not there.
I’m watching what we book though as we shouldn’t be going next year (again!)

Edited at 11:13 AM.
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

We really were spoilt at OKW as Disney gave us a 2bedroom which was amazing!
BC location is fab though, we’ve done that with 5 before although our youngest was in a cot then it does work out better as our eldest could go in the day bed as he would be too tall for the POR one and it’s better he gets the single and the two girls share.
I thought the 5 bed at POR would run out of availability quicker than BC though?