Notices

Old 18 Aug 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Pooles... Head Back To Orlando 2019 Day 6

Today started at 7am and I have to confess the night had not been such a good one, I seem to have a problem with my ear. It's very blocked up and I had been using a spray that I have, but it is old and clearly not doing the trick.

Mick gets up and makes a coffee which again I have in bed, getting very used to this now. I do my usual surfing and catching up with friends and then get up. Mick is watching Premier league football in the living room.. He is a happy man as this is not something we get to do at home. It's Arsenal v Burnley.

I have more coffee and then go and sit out by the pool. I am on pool cleaning duties which I fulfil but I am concerned about my ear which is now aching and I am feeling increasingly lousy.

I got a UTI infection about 3 years ago on holiday and it took me about 4-5 hours to get sorted and I really didn't want to waste time trying to see someone but I also didn't want it to get uncontrollably worse. I researched via the DIBB and had a chat with Mick and we decided to make an appointment at CVS to see someone and just get it sorted. I had to wait until 9am for the appointments to come online but I booked it straight away and had a time of 10.10am.

Love the champions gate arches 😁

This CVS was also near Sandyridge where we used to own a villa so we left at about 9.30 thinking we would do a drive through Sandyridge before stopping at the pharmacy.

We plugged everything in to the Google offline map and we're on our way. We were soon arriving at Sandyridge which had not changed a bit and it was really nice to see the old place.

Hats off to all you villa owners, I know it is such hard work for little return, I can't say I miss it, but we did enjoy the place when we had it.

We drove the short sistance up the road to CVS where we waited about 20 minutes to see the nurse. I got a prescription which I can use if it gets worse and can apparently get for free in Publix, it was really nice of her to tip me off with that one. Apparently Publix do some cheaper drugs for free with a view to getting you in the store and you will buy something anyway.

I will get them if I really need them and hopefully with some rest and fluids I will improve. I couldn't wait to get back and get some sleep.
We were back indoors by 11am so I was so glad it had not taken hours and hours oh and by the way it was $139 for the privilege of seeing the nice lady...

We made breakfast, very similar to yesterday and we had this outside. Grace had French toast and normal toast and then we hit the pool.

By 1am there was a little shower, I had had a snooze and even though I didn't feel much better I didn't want to ruin everyone else's day so we all got showered and then we were back in the car on the way to The Loop.

I had not been here before so fancied a wander around. we soon arrived after about half an hour and went in to the JC Penneys. We got given the same discount vouchers as yesterday but today we only got 30% ones. I got a couple of T shirts... These were $3.50 each and were already 70% off... I also got a skirt that I had been looking at in the other branch yesterday but didn't have in my size.

Mick tried on a couple of pairs of trousers but decided against any of them and got a shirt instead. Grace managed to pick up a jacket which was really nice. All of this when we got to the till was the grand total of $42... It was great and we had done really well.

We then walked round the outside stopping at Bath and Body Works next. This store was absolutely packed! The queue went right down the centre of the store. We chose 3 large wick candles which were $10 off each and Grace went for 5 small anti bac bottles for $6. I realised when We got home I also had an email with a $10 free item, but I will get that another time. We love their candles at Christmas and in the winter...

We came out of there and went in to Nike next, they had 30% off of most things. We looked for more trainers for Grace but they had nothing and then for Mick who also was not lucky. We then looked at the tops and I got Grace a couple of T shirts and I got one for my nephew for Christmas.

I was seriously flagging now and in need of a drink. It was Grace's restaurant choice today and we were going to Chili's across the road. We got back in the car and drove over but first just a couple more shops. Aerostaple first and they had discounts throughout the store. I didn't see anything I liked but Mick tried on a polo shirt as these were only $10 and also some skinny trousers.. Chino type. He really liked these and we're BOGOF but I knew I had had a voucher sent through but had no WiFi to check, so we left them behind the counter. You cannot get WiFi when you need it can you! We went in to Claires and Grace rather speedily chose 6 things as they were buy 3 get 3 free store wide and then we walked opposite to Justice, Grace paid for a lip gloss out of her money and I got her a really nice pair of shorts in the sale. Enough was enough now, I tried to get on to Old Navy's WiFi and failed in there too so we went round to Chili's.

We were told it was a 25-30 minutes wait... It is Saturday and Mick was all up for going somewhere else, even another Chili's, but I said let's wait it probably won't take that long. We could have driven half hr somewhere else and still had the same wait time. We were called after about 10 minutes... I felt smug!

Grace ordered her cheese pizza and fries... OMG their fries are good! With an apple juice, a this came out before ours super fast which was great.

Mick ordered the smokehouse burger, he has been having this burger for years and loves it. Last year he changed and had a different one which was a big mistake. He was wavering but I told him he would regret it so the smokehouse it was. He was not disappointed he lived up to his expectations and he loved it.

I had the mango Chile chicken which comes with brocoli and Mexican rice. It was light and delicious, I was very happy with the choice.

We were soon full up and we left $40 which included the tip. We popped back over the road to get Micks stuff (got WiFi in the restaurant) and were soon back in the car on our way home. It was 6.30 and we had done a fair bit of walking around.

We stopped off in Publix at Champions Gate for water and managed to let some fruit pies slip in to our basket so we had some pie and ice cream before putting Grace to bed.

I couldn't wait to get in to bed which is why I am finishing this report this morning. I promise for normal service to be resumed tonight.

Looks like a good pool day today which we are going to make the most of as the weather although it's not been that wet at all has been very very cloudy.

Thanks for reading. Bye

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 18 Aug 19 12:55 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear you’re poorly. My DS got an ear infection this trip, but thankfully the antibiotics sorted it, and the Dr had said he could still go in the pool which was great news!

I love the Championsgate arches too, they’re very grand!

Nice work at the shops x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry you are suffering with your ear but glad you got a prescription, a few bargains at the Loop one of our regular shopping stops

Joan