Notices

Old 18 Aug 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
From Pacific to Atlantic - August 2019: Day 7 (Animal Kingdom)

Trattoria al Forno this morning for the Bon Voyage character meal (dropping off washing at the laundry on the way). I really liked the open kitchen (so made DH sit with his back to it so I could have a nose!). The kids were thrilled that this was a character breakfast!

Pastries were first to arrive along with orange juice. They were all delicious. At this point Flynn Rider came round and started talking to us but both of the kids blanked him and he got the message and made a graceful exit! I realised at this point that the grown ups would need to get photos with the characters instead to embarrass the teenagers!

I did get one of DS with Princess Ariel in the background! When she was at our table she said that she used to be a fish and asked us whether we had always been human. I told her that DS used to be a frog - which he was thrilled about!

Next was Rapunzel. I told her DH had been practicing his smoulder (you can see it in the picture!).

Main breakfast came next - DD and DS had the pancake stack.

DH had Flynn Feast - with eggs over medium after asking the waitress what all of the different egg cooking terms meant!

I had the Royal breakfast with steak (never had steak for breakfast before!). It was really good.

We also had coffee and DD had chocolate milk. DS was happy to stick with the orange juice. You could have had an alcoholic drink but I think it's a bit too early to have a cocktail with breakfast!

During breakfast the kids had a discussion about whether Mulan was the first cross-dressing or transgender princess. I think DS was trying to wind up DD by using the wrong terms!

After breakfast we went back to the laundry to put our stuff in the dryer, then back to our room for a little while. There is a website called Laundryview where you can check if the machines are free, it tells you how long is left on the cycle, and you can get a text to tell you when it has finished.

I definitely need to hand in my cool badge, getting impressed by laundry apps!

Once we had sorted the washing we headed out on the bus to Animal Kingdom. Despite having half the day to get there we managed to miss our first FastPass which was the animator drawing class which I was annoyed about because I really enjoy drawing and creative stuff, plus we had to walk practically to the back of the park then get a train to get there. We did see a great bird show while we were there though with the huge birds flying low over our heads so that put me in a better mood! I could have stayed for the next class but I was worried that we then wouldn't have enough time to get to our next FastPass for flights of passage in Pandora.

It was hot as hell today - about 34 degrees and we hadn't even been out at midday in the worst of it. We were pretty lucky that there was no rain though as usually there is a downpour some time in the afternoon but that didn't happen today.

It was about 3pm at this point and we were getting a bit hungry but didn't want too much as we were booked into Yak and Yeti for 5.15pm. So we went with DS recommendation and walked over to Flame Tree Barbeque where we got these for a snack credit. DH and I shared one, DS had one to himself and DD just had some fries. We wolfed that down and then went to Pandora for my favourite Disney ride.

Stopped on the way for a picture with the tree of life in the centre of Animal Kingdom.

In Pandora.

In Pandora with the floating mountains in the background. DD may have had enough of the heat and the photos at this point!

In Pandora again.

FoP was absolutely brilliant again - it is such an amazing ride and just makes me so happy! It really feels like you are soaring through the landscape on the back of a banshee. Thankfully this won't be our only ride on this as we have FastPasses booked for later in the holiday too.

We left Pandora and walked over to Asia for our Expedition Everest FastPass. This was also great although we got split into different cars so our photos were split (if they ever come through!). I'm not sure how the technology works behind the photopass but our ride photos seem to take 24 hours to appear on the app so we can download them. So I will need to add them later.

Dinner at Yak and Yeti was next - this was a favourite on our last trip and DS has been dreaming about their honey chicken. Last time we came we had got a Landry card and I had a $25 reward on it so we decided to pay out of pocket for this meal, rather than using ddp credits, particularly as DD and I wanted to share a main meal and a side. The food was very good again and we all enjoyed it although DH had a feeling that the honey chicken came with more sauce last time.

We left AK and got the bus back to the Boardwalk. DD, DS and I all went to Ample Hills for more ice cream (delicious again!) and then DD and went to the quiet pool near our room for a bit of a cool down and a swim. We stayed in there for about an hour as the sun was setting, then we saw some lightning a little way away so we thought we had better get out because we didn't want to get fried!

Magic shot from AK.

sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ukminnie21
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Love yak and yeti! Really enjoying following along and glad you’re having such a good time. Excited to see what’s next! Xx
Ukminnie21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by sarmori - 22 Aug 19 5:24 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan