Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 13 Sep 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ruthlsr
I want to go now!

Seaworld or Universal Combo tickets for big family?

Hi all,

We are visiting Orlando next Feb half-term, with our eight children aged 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15 and 17, and a six-month old baby.

We've bought Seaworld parks 14 day tickets twice now, once with DC as well; they're definitely the best value, and we all really like Busch Gardens as well.

However, as this may be the last time our older kids come with us, I'm wondering whether now may be the moment to bite the bullet and pay for Universal tickets instead - 3 parks for the price of 2, 14 days. These work out at £1.1k MORE than the Seaworld/DC bundle, tho, so I'm wondering if it's worth it...

The older four kids and my husband will be queuing for rides, but will not be up for waiting more than an hour (max) for anything. I'll be with the smaller ones in whichever area she are most appropriate/entertaining for the under-9s. The older ones are all Harry Potter and Marvel fans, so would obvs love those parts... but it's just so much more expensive!

Any advice/things to think about?
Ruthlsr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

I'd be surprised to wait over an hour for very much in Feb, so would suggest well worth the extra cash.
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
With the younger kids and a baby there will not be that much you will be able to do with them on your own to occupy the time the rest are on the bigger rides. While there is Suess Land, Curious George's playground, Fievel's play area, Barney Show , Jurassic DIscovery World even some of the milder rides like ET, Minions etc have a height requirement. It will depend on your kids though as keeping an eye on 3 plus the baby while they run around in play areas and splash zones could raise your blood pressure but if they are well behaved kids it might be fine. I would be having a look at Universal's website to see what you could do that would interest the younger kids and then see if the tickets would be cost effective.

For the older kids and maybe even the 9 year old (if they meet height requirement) if they like thrill rides Universal would be great fun for them. Depending on where you are staying would it be possible for Dad and the older kids to spend 2 days blitzing Universal with a 2 day ticket and you having "chill out" days with the younger one's. Then you could maybe still all to Seaworld etc as a family.

Edited at 03:58 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm simply in awe of the organistion that it must take to get all of you to Florida!

If your kids like water parks, you've got volcano bay included on the universal tickets too x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Ruthlsr
I want to go now!

It is always a crazy epic endeavour! But the kids have fun...

Universal is just too expensive, even 'just' for DH and 4 older ones for one day park to park, for us to be able to also buy any other tickets (i.e. Seaworld); so if we opt for Universal we'll only have those 3 parks. We're there for 9 full days, but will have at least 2 rest/pool days at the villa, so 6-7 days to spend at 3 parks. We won't be rushing, so I think that's reasonable..?

I totally hear you, Mel, about me getting stuck with 4 littlies while DH is off queuing/riding with biggies (has happened before!) My eldest two could go off by themselves sometimes, and could also take it in turns with DH to be with me and littlies, taking them on rides/to the toilet etc, as I'll have the 6-month old baby velcroed to me, and probably 2 buggies and all the bags...

Can we bring food into Universal? If not, we deffo can't afford it!
Ruthlsr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

Universal has some amazing areas that others have mentioned for little ones, it all depends on what your family all enjoy. It would be worth watching some park "walk arounds" on YouTube to see what's in the Universal parks, it helps you get a good feel and you can get an idea of what exactly you could see you all doing.

You'll have to consider what the extra funds would provide you with if you stuck with SeaWorld & Busch!

You can take food into Universal Parks so you will be fine in that regard.

What an absolute gift to have a large family!
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 05:26 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Food is restricted as per below so this may make the decision for you

Acceptable Items

Bottled Water (maximum 2 liters)
Small snacks that do not require heating
Any food required for medical purposes and medically-indicated nutritional supplements
Any food required for special dietary needs
Baby food/baby formula
Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep

Prohibited Items

Glass containers
Open containers
Hard-sided coolers
Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
Picnic lunches
Food that requires heating or refrigeration
Folding chairs

However SeaWorld also have restrictions on food items

Edited at 05:29 AM.
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

For me it would come down to how long you could spend in each park. Universal has become a single day experience for me and it’s not fun enough to want to keep returning day after day. I’d go with the seaworld tickets as there’s something for everyone and you’ll get multiple days of things to do.