Old 13 Sep 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 12 - MNNSHP and the sick bug takes another one of us out.

Index here

Tuesday 20th August 2019

despite the late night last night, I was still up at 5.30am! But it was a slower day for everyone else.

I played cards with Poppy, Jess & I had wedding cake for breakfast and Jess sunbathed outside before pool time for Poppy and I.

When Chris got up we decided to head for our favourite shop - DOLLAR TREE!

I'm not even sure what we bought today! Although Poppy bought this snazzy cup which she loves and made it safely home with us

The rest of the day was spent relaxing and poterring round the villa and we headed out for tea at Cracker Barrel on the 192, we'v eony ever been here for breakfast and I was lookin forward to tea there. Brandon was dying to try the fried chicken and we were finally having a meal out as a family!

SO SO much food here, it's great value, and lovely too. I also love the restaurant itself I didn't buy anything in the shop tonight either, I didn't want it in the car all that time while were at MK, but it's such a shame we never went back because they had some lovely stuff that I wanted to buy from fudge to Christmas decorations!

We arrived at Magic Kingdom

and got straight on Peter Pan. It said 30mins but it was more like 20 and that was even with a treat station in there. It was lovely, everytime we go on this it's always with FP because I refuse to Q for an hour plus for it, meaning we miss the normal line and some of the lovely things to see inside.

at MNSSHP there is no FP line, it's only the regular one, and I loved seeing the all the details inside that I had forgotten about and taking the time to appreciate them.

I have a new found appreciation for this ride that I never had before now I am listening to the Pod cast I mentioned a few days back. Connecting with Walt. I love the old traditional rides that Walt had a hand in.

After this, straight on to it's a small world, of course!

We enjoyed it but you should have seen the 2 teenagers in the back, their faces! I wish I'd took a photo of that, but as I said to them, we have to do rides for the whole family, not just thrill rides for them!

Poppy and I wandered round after this finding more treat stations while Chris and the older 2 went on Spalsh Mountain.

Country Bear Jamboree is somthing I've never experienced either and really wanted to this trip, in the spirit of my appreciatation of traditional experiences, but it was closed. However, tonight it was open as a treat station, so at least I got to walk though it haha!

I txt Chris to say Poppy and I were finding a space for the boo to you parade, in Frontierland, thats where it starts and it was rammed. Chris said the older kids weren't bothered about the parade so I told them to get as many rides as they could done while the parade was on.

Poppy and I loved the parade, I didn't take lots of photos as I enjoyed it with my eyes this time rather than through a camera lense the entire time, do you know what I mean? I'm so guilty of that on so many occassions.

This is where it all went a bit wrong for poor Jess.

Chris txt me and said they were about they were about to go on 7DMT (turns out it wasn't that at all, it was thunder mountain! how you can mistake 7DMT for Thunder Mountain is beyond me! ) told you I'm the only Disney nerd in my family! And Jess decided she couldn't ride as she felt sick. They were literrally on the ride so she had to exit and Brandon and Chris rode it.

By the time Pops and I met up with them, poor Jess was being really ill. At the time, for a fleeting moment we thought, as sis she, that she had eaten too much at Cracker barrel and then coupled with rides, she was ill. but Nooooooo, it soon became apparent that it was the nasty bug that had previously struck down Chris and Poppy

Brandon took Poppy off to do the sweet treats round splash mountain while Chris and I attempted to tend to Jess. We managed to get her round the corner opposite the pirates of the Carribean where the seats are and she said she felt a bit better. So I staed her with her, with bottles of water and Chris took the other two on POTC

After they came off the ride, it was clear Jess couldn't stay and needed to go home. The rest of them were so disappointed for me bless them, they knew all the things I wanted to do here, and all the things I never got to chance to. Brandon said he would stay with me, and Chris said he would pick us up later but I really couldn't get the enthusiasm to agree to any of it.

I had seen the fireworks from where Jess and I were sitting, even those were too loud for Jess and making her feel worse.

I'll admit I was really down about it, but taking nothing away from poor Jess being ill, it wasn't her fault, and I felt awful for even feeling like I did even for a second.

so we made our way to the exit, we did get this taken, but again, it's not the same without Jess in it, she was sitting down with her head in between her legs at this point

Poor Jess, was sick in the line for the monorail and again, the entire journey home was not fun. Straight to bed with water and a bucket for her when we got in.

I'd been doing a facebook update daily for friends and family back home, and my one tonight, was, I'm fed up of sick now. I couldn't even bring myself to update anything else.

It really was such a shame, we didn't experience MNSSHP as it should of been and all the things it has to offer, but Jess comes first, and we had plenty of other fabulous days of the holiday, the main thing was to get her better again.

Tomorrow. Not a great morning and a late decision to do Volcano Bay in the afternoon.

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 05:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Your poor family. I remember this happening to us one year. Hope you dodge it

Great trippie
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Your poor family. I remember this happening to us one year. Hope you dodge it

Great trippie
It's just awful isn't it, luckily I managed to escape it for the most part! and Brandon was fine luckily!

Thanks for reading along

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh dear poor Jess

Joan
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Gosh you're all being struck down with this bug! What a shame
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List