Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Swoody
Excited about Disney

Virgin Flight Change and Alamo Car Hire

Hi

After booking our holiday with VH they changed the time of the outgoing flight from 13:15 to 10:10. As we travel on Friday I was just going through the documents and noticed that the Alamo Skip the line document said Car pick up at 19:15 and return at 16:55.

I am guessing others have also had this flight change

So my questions are-

When we roll up at 14:00 will they have a car ready for us?

Now we are picking the car up earlier does this mean we will have to take it back at 14:00 and sit at the airport for 7 hours to avoid the extra day hire car charge?

As this was all booked by VH and they made the changes should they not cover the extra charge.
Sep 2000 WLOct 2003 AKL Oct 2005 AKL Oct 2006 Polynesian Oct 2007 Wilderness Lodge & Poly Aug 2008 Animal Kindom Lodge, Hard Rock & Poly Mar 2009 DLP Hotel New York Aug 2009 Hard Rock, Beach Club and Polynesian Aug 2010 Portofino Bay Beach ClubApril 2011 New York & Beach Club HRH Orlando Villa May 2012 HRH and Beach Club August 2013 Wilderness Lodge HRH August 2014 Beach Club 2015 NY and Beach Club HRH 2016 PORS and HRH
Swoody is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

They will have cars there as they operate 24/7, your arrival time doesn't matter but your you might need to watch your return time as you would have charges.

Virgin won't cover them as you'd still have them had that been your original flight time, it's just one of those things you'll need to suck up as much as it stings you're getting there earlier.

Edited at 09:17 PM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It doesn't really matter what time the booking says - what counts is the time you take the car out of the garage. Drive out at say 19.00 just have it back by 18.59 although I do believe that if you book through Virgin you get 2 hour's grace on the return time.

MCO is a 24/7 operation handling over 800 flights a day. Cars are being returned constantly between 12.01am and 11.59pm so there will certainly be a choice of car for you. I think that with Virgin you need to go the kiosk in garage A to collect some documents. We've done STC with Alamo a few times but never with Virgin.

Haven't flown VS for a number of years but it looks like they've moved you from the second daily outbound flight to the first and maybe flying home on the second flight. Sorry but having never booked a package with them I don't know how you resolve the extra car hire hours you've incurred by them moving you. A telephone conversation with them I guess?

Mick
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fairly certain Virgin Holidays have a two hour grace period with Alamo, and as others have said your time starts from when you drive out of the barrier in the garage
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

We had this with our virgin holidays booking except it was our return flight that was pushed back. I phoned virgin holidays and a lovely lady changed out car hire times for no extra charge, may be worth giving them a call?
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Swoody
Excited about Disney

Thanks all for taking the time to reply I will give VH a call tomorrow and see art they say.
Sep 2000 WLOct 2003 AKL Oct 2005 AKL Oct 2006 Polynesian Oct 2007 Wilderness Lodge & Poly Aug 2008 Animal Kindom Lodge, Hard Rock & Poly Mar 2009 DLP Hotel New York Aug 2009 Hard Rock, Beach Club and Polynesian Aug 2010 Portofino Bay Beach ClubApril 2011 New York & Beach Club HRH Orlando Villa May 2012 HRH and Beach Club August 2013 Wilderness Lodge HRH August 2014 Beach Club 2015 NY and Beach Club HRH 2016 PORS and HRH
Swoody is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Am pretty sure the guy on the Alamo exit barrier told me you get 30mins grace period as standard when returning the car.

But fully agree, the OP should contact VH as the only reason they will incur extra charges is because VH have switched their flights. Given the amount of business VH dump onto Alamo I would imagine they have an agreement in place with them for situations like this.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
It doesn't really matter what time the booking says - what counts is the time you take the car out of the garage. Drive out at say 19.00 just have it back by 18.59 although I do believe that if you book through Virgin you get 2 hour's grace on the return time.

MCO is a 24/7 operation handling over 800 flights a day. Cars are being returned constantly between 12.01am and 11.59pm so there will certainly be a choice of car for you. I think that with Virgin you need to go the kiosk in garage A to collect some documents. We've done STC with Alamo a few times but never with Virgin.

Haven't flown VS for a number of years but it looks like they've moved you from the second daily outbound flight to the first and maybe flying home on the second flight. Sorry but having never booked a package with them I don't know how you resolve the extra car hire hours you've incurred by them moving you. A telephone conversation with them I guess?

Mick
I’ve checked 3 different times with Virgin holidays.

They state that if you have the times listed on your booking then you are fine to have them back at those times.

For instance I’m booked 4th July 10am and returning at 3pm on July 11th.

The extra part of a day is included in the holiday price (yes I’m probably paying for a full day instead of a fraction) but I’ve been given set times on my Alamo booking that aren’t 24 intervals apart
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List