Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Sep 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rik666 View Post
Which is why when the country voted out, we should be out, no matter what the MPs think. If we don't leave, then what's the point of voting etc, wether u agree or disagree.
It's same in USA, wether u like Trump or not, he's president, deal with it, get on with life.
Not sure why you quoted me, ive always said we should leave?

I’m dealing with it, probably better than many, under my particular circumstances

Edited at 01:20 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I apologise if my post came over as aggressive as that was not my intention and not somethingI condone on Either side of the debate. I do agree, the B word comes up in the most obscure conversations and can often kill the conversation stone dead.
Again, I certainly did not post to offend or be aggressive.
It wasn't aggressive in the slightest.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

For me, regardless of whether we like politics or not, is there. And it has become a huge part of our world and impacts pretty much everything about it.
Previously I wasn't interested. That was until I had a conversation with a BBC journalist. He asked me "how can I have an opinion on something If I had engaged in learning about it?" That made me think about a lot of things. He was right of course.
So now I do try to understand things (even if I don't like them) if they impact me significantly. Politics is one of those things.
It is also important to remember people have differing opinions and sometimes that leads to fiery debates. To me this is a good thing and part of moving forward.

What I find sad is that the personalities - our politicians - are just out for themselves. I personally no longer believe that any of them care about the country or the constituents - but just themselves and their egos. There might be one of two exceptions - but very few.

In the Brexit thing - I believe our political leaders have absolutely destroyed our country on the global stage. And that saddens me.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kenzo
Trading Disney Pins

I actually think the media is more to blame than politics, people need to remember they are selling you a story, go and do your own research, dont believe the headline, it is there to get your attention and for you to buy into the story. They helped create this mess big style by over sensationalizing storys, its now at a point i cannot watch the news anymore, a good unbiased outlet would be the best way to start sorting this mess out
i voted leave based on the research i done and would do so again, however i think putting this vote to the people was the biggest mistake ever, emotions were far to high, story sensitization was at its highest and nobody was interested in actually getting just going through the real pros and cons
I think unless you have worked for atleast a year in the real world you should not be allowed anywhere near politics, its like watching a bunch of kids trying to get the most likes, career politicians & media outlets have a lot to answer for and are doing a lot of damage/embarrassment to our country
kenzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

i was at best indifferent but now detest it

the way some politicians behave is absolutely disgraceful and the houses of parliament is run in a boorish shambolic overgrown public school debating club way...

and by some politicians I of course mean all politicians...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

The biggest eye opener for me, is the insatiable desire for the media to create the news and endlessly speculate and procrastinate, to the point that I have no interest in reading about it, watching it, or for that matter posting on the dibb about it any more, the exception of course being this final statement from me. No great loss.

Now, whats happening at WDW today...

Disney332