Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Sep 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
After getting new trainers, I’ve had no more blisters, but now I’m finding my clothes are running. My bra has rubbed me today causing a friction burn under my armpit. Last run it was my phone armband that cut my arm. Weirdly enough both happened on the same side of me. Any recommendations on running bras in a larger cup size which gives good support but maybe not wired, as my current one is?
A few months ago, I was getting pretty bad chafing under my bra after 5k runs. I now apply Sportshield or Bodyglide to these areas before my run and don't get chafing in these places any more.

Where I get chafing depends on my outfit, and how far my run is, and how sweaty I get during the run! I know that if I wear a sleeveless top I tend to get chafing on my arms as they rub against the top; and if I run a 10k distance I get chafing in certain areas that I don't if I'm running a 5k distance. After enough runs I now know approximately where to apply the Sportshield/Bodyglide and I haven't had seriously bad chafing for a while now. (This might change as I'm trying to run longer distances and I expect new areas of my skin to chafe with the longer distances!)

So basically - it might also be worth just getting a stick of Bodyglide/Sportshield and using it to see if it will help with the chafing?
Old 17 Sep 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
A few months ago, I was getting pretty bad chafing under my bra after 5k runs. I now apply Sportshield or Bodyglide to these areas before my run and don't get chafing in these places any more.

Where I get chafing depends on my outfit, and how far my run is, and how sweaty I get during the run! I know that if I wear a sleeveless top I tend to get chafing on my arms as they rub against the top; and if I run a 10k distance I get chafing in certain areas that I don't if I'm running a 5k distance. After enough runs I now know approximately where to apply the Sportshield/Bodyglide and I haven't had seriously bad chafing for a while now. (This might change as I'm trying to run longer distances and I expect new areas of my skin to chafe with the longer distances!)

So basically - it might also be worth just getting a stick of Bodyglide/Sportshield and using it to see if it will help with the chafing?
I though it was just me that got a new issue the longer I run! I just assumed things are ok as I’ve worn them before. I will look into the Bodyglide/Sportshield too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

After getting new trainers, I’ve had no more blisters, but now I’m finding my clothes are running. My bra has rubbed me today causing a friction burn under my armpit. Last run it was my phone armband that cut my arm. Weirdly enough both happened on the same side of me. Any recommendations on running bras in a larger cup size which gives good support but maybe not wired, as my current one is?
Try some Vaseline or other lubricant before looking at a replacement. I had some unpleasant chafingon my boobs when half marathon training. Vaseline stopped it.
Old 17 Sep 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Try some Vaseline or other lubricant before looking at a replacement. I had some unpleasant chafingon my boobs when half marathon training. Vaseline stopped it.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 18 Sep 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I though it was just me that got a new issue the longer I run! I just assumed things are ok as I’ve worn them before. I will look into the Bodyglide/Sportshield too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Yeah I got a complete shock the first time I got chafing! Was after my first ever 10k run and I'd never done that distance before and didn't even know what chafing was then. I also didn't realise how bad the chafing was until I got in the shower...

Thankfully using Body Glide or Sportshield does work pretty well for me to prevent chafing... Although I do get chafing in some pretty unexpected places on occasion...
Old 18 Sep 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

OMG, it was a chilli run this morning. Still running in my only running gear; running tights, bra, vest top, socks, trainers and arm band. My hands were so cold they were painful.

Also, was in Tenby at w'end for Ironman and tried running on South beach. Very hard running on sand and the beautiful sunrise didn't help. Managed a 5km run/walk combo, as well as 28,000 steps each day.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
How on earth will I ever reach week 5 etc that you guys say you run 20mins?

Help! 😳
Well I’ve just done week 5 run 1, which to be fair I never thought I would reach. But there it is up ahead, looming in front of me in 2 runs time. 20 mins without stopping? Holy Mary 😳

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Well I’ve just done week 5 run 1, which to be fair I never thought I would reach. But there it is up ahead, looming in front of me in 2 runs time. 20 mins without stopping? Holy Mary 😳
Don't even give it a second thought, believe in the program and just go with it. We all dreaded that run but the mental challenge is worse than the physical one and you will feel so much stronger when you've done it

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Do yourself a music playlist, put your earbuds in and power through. You’ll feel like Wonder Woman when you’re done. You’ve got this
Old 21 Sep 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You will be fine. The programme works so believe in it and yourself. Once you have done the 20 minute run you will feel so good about it.