Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
That’s why the beds on display in department stores, bed shops, furniture shops, Marks & Spencer’s etc have pillows & a protective cover where you put your feet up so the mattress doesn’t get dirty!
So you can lie down on them to see what you think!
Thanks 😊

I don't think I've ever seen a bed in a shop.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Thanks 😊

I don't think I've ever seen a bed in a shop.
Dreams or Benson's for Beds is full of them lol. Also the Tempur shops but as I mentioned before stay the heck out of those unless you are a squillionaire 😂
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Dreams or Benson's for Beds is full of them lol. Also the Tempur shops but as I mentioned before stay the heck out of those unless you are a squillionaire 😂
Aww I see, I've never been in those shops. The only bed I've seen in a shop is the tiny ones in Debenhams that show the sheets on display.

Just shows you really do learn something new everyday 😊
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

We went to many bed shops to find the mattress that we wanted. We made a special effort to visit the M6 bed warehouse, it's at junction 16 of the M6 (it's huge and had many beds to try). We pretty quickly decided on the one we wanted and were going to order it online vastly cheaper than the M6 bed warehouse. But then we got a leaflet through the door from our local, very expensive, furniture shop with something like 25% off mattresses over a certain amount, so we ended up buying it from there.

I would go and check out which type of mattress you prefer in a shop, and then order it online.

Our local shop wanted over £1200 for the matching bed base, we bought it online for £600.
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Aww I see, I've never been in those shops. The only bed I've seen in a shop is the tiny ones in Debenhams that show the sheets on display.

Just shows you really do learn something new everyday 😊
Well there's no reason you would have been if not bed shopping... unless you're like DH and I and that's what passes for a fun date night 😉

Oh and ikea too! Obligatory to try all the beds out as you walk round lol.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I'm frantically decorating the girls bedrooms whilst eldest is away... Currently about to start day 4 of painting, we bought a couple of ottoman beds from argos that are delivered tomorrow, mattresses we also ordered from argos came this morning and are now expanding in front room ready to put on, for what we paid they look good enough, one will only be used occasionally and other my youngest doesn't even weigh 5 stone so should be fine for her
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Well I bought a bed online. Obviously I am hoping it is as good as it sounds. A ten day delivery is longer than I was hoping for but it is being made as we speak!

So thank you all for your contributions.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Well I bought a bed online. Obviously I am hoping it is as good as it sounds. A ten day delivery is longer than I was hoping for but it is being made as we speak!

So thank you all for your contributions.
Which one did you go for?
Let us know how you get on.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
This is what we bought. I hope this link works! The price shown is just for the mattress. The base was an additional £100.

mynextmattress/shi... html?size=137
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaphil
Very Serious Dibber

A long time ago I was a furniture salesman, our advise was to lay on the bed on your back and as straight as possible, then, push your hand under the small of your back. The harder it is to get your hand under, the better the support, if it's easy for you your spine would bend to meet the mattress.
floridaphil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List