Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

We us wainwrights or royal canin for our bulldog. How ever on the raw food subject, a lady along the road from us has a st bernard (wow hes a big dog) anyway he was eating 3 big tins of winalot a day, and alway looked ok. She swapped him out at the start of the year to a raw diet, and he is eating half the amount, leaving half the mess he used to when being walked and looks amazing.
I would like to try our bulldog on it but im not convincing wifey.
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I tend to use step up to naturals, wainwright’s or Harrington’s wheat fee dry food.
He’s not fussy, and gets given plenty of meat (cooked), eggs and rice and veggies, so it’s really just a base.
When you bring the little one home though best to keep them on what they are being fed
Old 19 Sep 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Roxy01
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We also feed raw, we use Bella and duke. But we did have to buy him his own freezer, it’s cheaper the more you buy so we stock up. He Does really well on it.
Roxy01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We use Royal Canin for our GSD. We use the GSD puppy version as that's what she had at the breeders.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We use Millie’s Wolfheart countryside mix or obedience mix for our cocker spaniel. He loves it and we’ve never had any stomach issues at all with him.
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

My boy is raw fed and always has been.

My partners mother bulk buys as she has 3 x GSD and I just get a weeks supply at a time off her. Take it out of the freezer six hours before he's due his feed and mix in a cup full of veg. It's very rare that he doesn't clean his bowl out.

Very little out of the back end considering he's a big dog and I don't get to blame him for the occasional bad smell that wafts around the living room.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Ah yes sorry I forgot to add about the positive side of raw feeding for owners! As the food is natural their poo is halved, more solid (so stops ≈≈≈≈ gland issues) and doesn’t tend to smell. It was a game changer for me!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ambermark View Post
We tried raw but my pug didn’t like it and it gave him horrible farts 🙈🙈 Tried a few other brands but ‘wellness core’ seems to be the best for him My vet always told me never to use any you see advertised everywhere as they are always the worst. Not sure how true that is but always stuck to it 😂
That’ really unusual with raw as it’s known to stop their terrible wind, certainly did for ours! We hate it when he has to have standard food for short periods as he gases us out
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Our have a mix of wet and dry - half a tin of wet at dinner, then dry both times.
We give them Tails dry food, It’s delivered to our door monthly, and the dogs love it! It’s about £40 per month for the pair of ours (collie and lurcher) and you get a handy scoop that gives them the perfect amount of food! Pm me if you want a code to try it.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List