Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Aug 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
It hit home to DD yesterday that results are less than 2 weeks and it is about 6 weeks til she would move out if she goes. She is having a bit of a wobble - so am I, but I'm trying to keep upbeat as she would only be going 50 miles away.

Life is so different from that which she was planning for joyfully, but hopefully, as it is a science based course, there will be plenty of lab work to distract her.
I think it’s normal for them to have a wobble just before results, good luck to her xx I think we all remember the feelings you are going through from last year, so big hugs to you 💕

It’s so sad that the uni experience won’t be the same for new starters or returners this year but I’m sure they will adapt and enjoy it. Georgia has been getting a lot of emails about ‘blended learning’ from her uni, and they are extending teaching/lectures until 8pm most evenings so they can teach in smaller groups and have social distancing in labs, so it does appear that science subjects in her uni are trying to give as much practical teaching as possible, although they have said that all lectures will be online too if they can’t make it to the late ones. I hope your DD’s uni are setting up similar measures for lab work as it’s so important for the sciences
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Josh moved in, but i have to say, i would never have signed up for the house at the price they are charging. Front garden is over grown
Back garden nearly as bad
Living rom tiny, and totally useless as a livung shared space plus gross!
Kitchen ok but dining table with no chairs!
Lampshades yuck, i have thrown out better
Carper needs replacing or cleaned
Mirrors cracked in nearly every room and bathroom
Not 1 bulb is the same, nor energy saving
Furniture not one room matches black and pine!

Now i know they are students but they are human beings!

But hes not too bothered as he live quirky and odd things!

Edited at 07:58 AM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Mobile

Agent has said work is in progress, so we will see x
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Josh moved in, but i have to say, i would never have signed up for the house at the peice they are charging. Front garden is ocer grown
Back garden nearly as bad
Luving rom tiny, and totally useless as a livung shared space
Kutchen ok but dinubg table with no chairs!
Lampshades yuck, i have thrown our better
Carper needs replacing or cleaned
Mirrors cracked in nearly every room and bathroom
Not 1 bulb is the same, nor energy saving
Furniture not one room matches black and pine!

Now i know they are students but they are human beings!

But hes nit too bothered as he live quieky and odd things!
Oh no, that’s not good at all Shirley 😢 Some landlords take advantage of students and it’s not fair as the rent is certainly not cheap.

I hope he’s taken photos and notified the landlord or letting agency of the state of the place on moving in or they could end the year charging him and his housemates a cleaning charge for previous dirt and damage

Georgia and her friends had to tick off an inventory to say they had everything on the list and the condition was good and return to the letting agency. There were a few small things (scratched paintwork on a wall in Georgia’s room, and no coffee table even though it was on the inventory) that they marked on the list, and Georgia took a photo of the completed inventory before she returned it to the agent
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
It’s probably a good idea for your DS to stay home safely, at least until the spike has settled in Hong Kong again. It will be nice for you to have a little longer with him too 💕

I do hope he can return safely then as he’s worked so hard to cope with everything that’s gone on in HK since he moved there, he’s certainly had an unusual uni experience 😀 I’m sure he will cope with the 3am lectures too ( but I don’t envy him those 🤣 )
Nor do I 🤣 He is going to ask to be put on afternoon lectures if at all possible which would make it a more palatable 6-7am.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Nor do I 🤣 He is going to ask to be put on afternoon lectures if at all possible which would make it a more palatable 6-7am.
That sounds a little better 😀 Maybe he could prepare a nice breakfast for you all before work 😂
Old 1 Aug 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That sounds a little better 😀 Maybe he could prepare a nice breakfast for you all before work 😂
Is that a pig I see flying?

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Mobile

Currently sat in the Premier Inn Chichester after moving DD into her student house for her 2nd year. They have been told they will have some classes face to face and as it a Musical Theatre degree they have been told hopefully all practical classes will be in person but just smaller groups. She is sharing with 4 others off her course so they find they will be classed as a bubble for practical lessons. My friends husband has said the uni he works at will be holding classes between 8am to 8pm and Saturday mornings to fit in all the smaller classes. I think its going to be a strange start to the year and fingers crossed we don't go into lockdown again and have to bring them home again.
Old 1 Aug 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
Currently sat in the Premier Inn Chichester after moving DD into her student house for her 2nd year. They have been told they will have some classes face to face and as it a Musical Theatre degree they have been told hopefully all practical classes will be in person but just smaller groups. She is sharing with 4 others off her course so they find they will be classed as a bubble for practical lessons. My friends husband has said the uni he works at will be holding classes between 8am to 8pm and Saturday mornings to fit in all the smaller classes. I think its going to be a strange start to the year and fingers crossed we don't go into lockdown again and have to bring them home again.
How are you feeling after dropping your DD off? I thought year 2 would be easier but it seems to have a whole new set of problems, I’m sure they will settle though and hopefully cope with all the changes

Georgia said she’s hoping her uni will consider people who live together to be lab partners for her biology degree, as she is staying with other biology students so it would make sense. It sounds as if Chichester has taken this route with the musical theatre course.
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Mobile

Josh was really upset when we left, but spoke to him several times on the drive home. Xx