Notices

Old 12 Jul 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

OH I love that wee boat trip. Its such a wonderful way to pass some time in a beautiful location. Winter park has long been one of my favourite places to go in Florida.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My Eva gets hangry frequently so I feel your pain. Did you manage to find a spare set of specs? The one eyed glasses look isn’t your normal impeccable style 😊 looks like a super evening at MK

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I'm glad your day ended on a high with a few bumps on the way. We're hoping to go on the boat trip at Winter Garden this year as when we got there last year the boat wasn't running due to the rain. We went by car but there were a lot of roadworks which I think are still ongoing so might look into the train this time. Due to the rain we didn't have much chance to look around but did have a lovely meal in the Cheesecake Factory before heading back. Maybe put on the list for next time if you revisit the area.

Loving reading your trip reports and have given us a few ideas for our upcoming trip - fancy Winter Park but I'll give the bike ride a miss due to dodgy knees !

Edited at 11:39 AM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Ah the day was salvaged in the end! Sounds fab!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely end to the day HEA is just amazing.
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I have us pencilled in to go on the train to Winter Park to do the boat ride. I already knew about the ticket machines not taking our cards but I’m going to have to try and investigate train times better now! Where were you going to do lunch? I’m pleased the day didn’t end up a disaster, it’s nice to hear the girls enjoyed the boat. A fantastic evening in MK for you all especially with your pixie dust.
It’s an Italian called pannullos on South Park ave just lining the edge of the pretty square next to the train station. Randy says it’s lovely and it looked really nice to me

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

You have had so many fab days guess it was to be expected to have one topsy turvy day, ( always happens with us over food) but main thing is it ended well with everyone happy.
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fab day made me giggle
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by belfastbabe View Post
Have I got this right Helen- when leaving park get the monorail and go to contemporary? How do you get to car parking lot ? Sorry for being so stupid!
Don’t apologise 😃 we all learn on the dibb.

When you leave MK you have the choice of 2 monorail Ramps. One takes you to the Transport and Ticket Centre, or parking as it’s also posted. This does take you to the car park, and it’s where the CMs will be directing people to go saying Parking this way.

The other monorail ramp is nearer the lake so if you walk towards the signs saying Resort Launches which are the boats to hotels you will then see the Resort Monorail sign.

Both monorails stop at the TTC so it doesn’t matter which one you get.

What DOES matter is there are thousands of people heading to the car park same as you, but far less heading to the resorts so the resort monorail is quieter therefore much quicker. We have walked straight into the first waiting resort monorail every time, whereas there is an 8 deep mile long queue to get the TTC one.

From MK the resort monorail stops at the contemporary and some people get off, then it’s onto the TTC.

Works every time. Hope that helps

Edited at 10:32 AM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh dear to the food altercation! I would have been the one with the hanger 😂
What a fun end to the day though. Thanks for sharing and hope you can get some more glasses easily!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List