Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 Aug 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Who is she ?
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Who is she ?
A 'reality TV celebrity' (can a phrase be any more tautological?) from ITV's The Only Way is Essex (no, me neither.)

Names such as hers have a pedigree harking back to the early 2000s via Big Brother and Jade Goody, then to the 1990s with the "it girls' such as Tara Palmer-Tomkinson or Amanda de Cadenet.

We can go further back to Zsa Zsa Gabor, or 'poor little rich girl' Brenda Frazier.

They are all forms of human entertainment, famous for simply being famous.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
We can go further back to Zsa Zsa Gabor, or 'poor little rich girl' Brenda Frazier.
Did anyone else do a double-take there thinking that was referring to the guy from The Mummy?
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
Did anyone else do a double-take there thinking that was referring to the guy from The Mummy?
Haha fair point! At least Brendan Frazier has some sort of skill in acting. Questionable on the level of skill, but a skill all the same.

Brenda was pretty much known just for being a debutant who smiled. In (real) reality she had a very sad life indeed.

Edited at 07:53 AM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Oh dear God I have no idea what any of those are except Big Brother, not that I've ever seen it, but nephew is a video editor on it n says its ths most boring well paid job he has even been on!
Old 10 Aug 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I don't watch that sort of TV, but still know who she is as I keep up with the news (some dibbers must exist in a media free bubble).

Would not say I like or hate her, the sort of stuff she is on does not appeal in the slightest. But I guess a middle aged Professor Sprout lookalike who doesn't wear makeup is not really in her demographic.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinygog
slightly serious Dibber

I'm not sure this is really about 'liking her', or whether it's more about 'not liking her' for the fact that she is rich for being a talentless z-lister.

You have people who work long hours, or have low money, and you see others like her who get rich for doing what exactly? It's just another example of life today and how some things just don't seem right.

WDW: 2002, 2004 & 2008
DLP: 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2017 (Xmas) & 2018
Tinygog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I don't watch that sort of TV, but still know who she is as I keep up with the news (some dibbers must exist in a media free bubble).

Would not say I like or hate her, the sort of stuff she is on does not appeal in the slightest. But I guess a middle aged Professor Sprout lookalike who doesn't wear makeup is not really in her demographic.
We don't even get a newspaper! Too depressing & if its full of people like the Gemma person we sure aint missing out on anything
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post

It depends what you mean by ‘news’. Mine is usually via Radio 4. Don’t watch any reality tv, read magazines or most newspapers or listen to popular radio. So yes in a way I do live in a fairly popular media free bubble, thank goodness.
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Just for research purposes I watched episode one of her new tv show, I lasted all of five minutes in, she was saying she doesn’t open her own car door (Rolling my eyes) and giving her manager what for because he was asleep at six am and she wanted a chat. Its a no from me.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List