Notices

Old 19 Aug 19, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Pooles... Head Back To Orlando 2019 Day 7

Grace with her new Nike t shirt and justice shorts from yesterday.
So this morning was a usual 7am wake up, today I got straight up and did my surfing on the sofa while my lovely husband did the tea.

I felt a million times better today and my blocked ear was much improved thank goodness. I did decide to stay away from the water for another day though.

Mick went out for a walk around the block while I put the breakfast on. Grace had a couple of rounds of toast as we were out of French toast now. I had a slice I couldn't resist it was so nice with real butter!

Mick was about 20 minutes and we had our usual breakfast with a cup of tea.
Mick was googling Perkins chocolate pie and was asking where it was because he wanted to drive there! He often drives here but has never been on his own in the car before.

I spent a good 10 minutes explaining the route (it's only left on to the 27 and right on to the 192!) and showing it on my phone. Grace was going to go with him and I showed her how to set the route in Google maps so they could get back too.

At about 9.05 they were off, and I even remembered to get him to take his driving license and badgered him to remember to stop at stop signs!

I finished clearing up the kitchen and wiping down and quickly hoovered. I sorted a few loads of washing and then got my swim stuff on and set my sun bed up with my book.

It was 20 minutes there, so then back so I thought they would be an hour after they faffed choosing pie!

They were back before I knew it and managed to find it no problem. Mick was very proud of himself, and there was only one problem they had forgotten to take any money! What! Honestly! It was hilarious but I didn't rub it in too much as they were obviously disappointed. Luckily they realised when they got out of the car and not after the pie had been cut lol.

Grace wanted Mick to call me but he wouldn't and they did have my purse with cards but he didn't know the pin... Anyway there is always tomorrow, it obviously wasn't meant to be today.

We had a pool day the weather was great. Mick watched the football on the TV and we had a bit if a picky lunch, cheese, olives etc.

We forced ourselves out of the pool not long after 3.

We had discussed many options for what to do this afternoon which mainly consisted of going to Steak and Shake but we also liked the idea of not travelling too far and replenishing some supplies tonight instead of doing some hard core shopping. As it was also the weekend it is good to avoid the main shopping areas.

So the plan was to pop to Aldi for some essentials and drop them off at home (mainly because we needed ice cream) then we would get Grace a McDonald's and carry on south along the 27 to the Walmart at Southern Dunes.

We got in the car and I drove today as I was feeling much better and we were soon arriving at Aldi after stopping to get $20 of gas.. This 3/4 filled the car... So cheap.. If only it was like this at home!

We only had a small list but we did get some marinated salmon for tea tonight and a pouch of microwaveable rice. the salmon was $9.35 but more on that later. We spent $60 and we did buy a bit of junk, but we are on holiday right?

We drove home and ran in, putting the ice cream, French toast and garlic toast in the fridge straight away... That ice cream was starting to melt and I haven't mentioned how hot it was today... Scorching 94 at 4pm!

We went back in the car and made our way south along the 27 to the I4 junction and in to McDonald's. It was very empty and pretty clean and Grace got a 6 nugget happy meal with chips and a strawberry milkshake. She absolutely loved it! We shared a coffee and that was pretty good too.

We left for Walmart.

We had to pass 2 completely oversized vehicles which were taking over the whole 3 lanes, I think they were trying to turn left on to the I4... Good luck with that! I am quite glad that we were carrying on because I have no idea how they were going to turn down there.

It was a 15 minutes drive down to Walmart and we were there in no time after passing the oversized vehicles. We got out of the car and it was scorching!

We went in and picked up Ritz biscuits, these were on the list. I had got some from the dollar general store but were not proper Ritz biscuits and Grace was having none of it! We then cruised the aisles and picked up bad stuff and nothing we really needed. We headed down to the pharmacy end and got some body lotion which was also on the list as I really needed it and some face scrub.

We managed to spend another $60 but I had picked up some things to take back with us. We decided to just leave the store as it was 6.30 now and we still had salmon to eat.
We had an uneventful journey back which also seemed to pass quickly and were indoors for just after 7. I put the salmon under the grill, it said it would take 10 minutes but it was nearer for 15. I heated the rice and chopped up a tomato each and shared a pitta bread. Oh my it was all so tasty! Great dinner and much better than the burger we were going to have in steak and shake. We also have some left over for tomorrow.

One of our purchases in Aldi was a, heavy duty reusable poncho... Mick even threatened to pick Grace up from school wearing it... Not on my shift!

We had got a nice white wine in Aldi too and that went own an absolute treat whilst watching Americas got Talent.

It was then off to bed to get ready for another action packed day tomorrow... I can hear the fireworks as I write in the distance

Not sure, what's on the cards yet for tomorrow but I think the other 2 will try again for Perkins lol watch this space... Thanks, again for reading and we will see you tomorrow. bye

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 19 Aug 19 2:11 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Lovely relaxing day! Sorry to laugh, but it was quite funny that Mick managed to get himself to Perkins, armed with licence and everything else, but no money hope the pie is worth it if he makes it back today!

Glad you’re feeling better
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Ha ha I know it was like a military operation that went horribly wrong!

He is preparing himself now for a second go! ☺️
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pretty71 View Post
Ha ha I know it was like a military operation that went horribly wrong!

He is preparing himself now for a second go! ☺️
Good luck!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
At least Mick knows where to go tomorrow morning

But a good day it’s good sometimes to have a meal cooked in the villa isn’t it

Joan