Notices

Old 23 Aug 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
From Pacific to Atlantic - August 2019: Day 11 (Magic Kingdom and Epcot)

Today was our last Magic Kingdom day. We decided to go straight to MK and get breakfast there. We started it off with the seven dwarves mine train which we had a FastPass for.

3 out of every 4 people surveyed don't like this ride. Actually, even though I'm smiling in the picture, it is a bit underwhelming. It's perfectly pleasant but not very thrilling! I suppose we are not the age demographic they are aiming at!

Still not feeling the love for this ride!

We had some time before our next FastPass so we decided to take a spin on Its a Small World for old times sake. We always try to name the countries as we go through - some are easy, some are more difficult and some are just bizarre. We feel a bit sorry for Wales as they seem to be missed out of the UK section.

Adios and Auf Wiedersen IASW!

Having had no breakfast we were hungry now so we stopped at Sleepy Hollow.

Funnel cake with strawberry and cream for DD, Nutella and fruit waffle for DS, churro ice cream sandwich for me and DH had waffle with egg and ham. We all enjoyed this, we found a little place to sit in the shade and had a bit of a rest.

We went to Haunted Mansion next, we enjoyed this as usual and picked up some hitch hiking ghosts!

I seem to have perfected the art of closing my eyes just at the right time!

We went round to Hall of Presidents and were determined to do it this time - it was 20 mins to the next show again but we just sat down and used the time to contact DS school to make sure they signed him up for 6th form. We were supposed to get his GCSE results sent to our house today and my Mum has gone up to get the mail but they didn't arrive - she looked later in the day too but there was no sign of them. DS was pretty relaxed about this thank goodness - he feels that the exams went well, he was more concerned to get registered for 6th form. We will try again tomorrow!

The Hall of Presidents show was interesting and very patriotic, as you would expect. I'm glad we did it. Having all of the animatronic Presidents at the end was impressive even if it did have Trump included.

We went on Splash Mountain - I was being teased for putting my poncho on but I am glad I did as I would have been absolutely soaking given the amount of water that hit me.

Splash mountain.

There was one more thing we wanted to do which was Monsters Inc Laugh Floor so we walked round to Tomorrow Land.

We stopped at the Lunching Pad - DS had a hot dog and a slushy, DD a slushy and DH and I had a drink. We went into Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and enjoyed it as usual. I'm just waiting for the day when DH is THAT GUY!

We headed out of the park after this and went back to the Boardwalk. DH and I shared a quick Service sandwich which was actually very nice. DD had a snack.

We rested in the room for a while, watched half of a film called Parental Guidance and then got ready for our dinner reservation.
We called an Uber and once we found the right pick up point we were away - this was my first Uber experience and I thought it was really easy to use.

We got dropped off at Wilderness Lodge ready for our booking for Storybook Dining.

I have a real soft spot for Wilderness Lodge - we stayed here with the kids in 2013 for two weeks and we loved the theming, the laid back feel of the resort and being able to get the boat over to Magic Kingdom. We also got a free room upgrade that holiday to a courtyard view room with a little balcony which was lovely (we were there for DDs 7th birthday so I think a little fairy dust was sprinkled!). In fact if Wilderness Lodge had been available when I was booking this holiday we would have been staying there. I'm glad we booked at the Boardwalk though - it is a beautiful hotel, more sophisticated and feels more adult so probably fits better now we have teens rather than little people.

We had eaten at Artist Point before when it was a signature restaurant - it was good food but a little dull and always at least half empty so I can understand why Disney have changed it to a character meal. I was looking forward to trying it.

Appetisers came - the kids were not impressed with any of them but DH and I enjoyed the mushroom soup and the pate and crackers. Neither of us are big seafood fans so I tried one of the shrimp but other than that we left it alone.

Drinks came next. Smoking mirror for me. Looked awesome...

...but didn't taste great. I had to wait ages for the smell of the smoke to dissipate before I could drink it. The kids had drinks called transformation potion and in the clouds - both fun but a bit gimmicky!

We all ordered different main courses and amazingly we all enjoyed our food. I had vegetable gnocchi, DH had beef stew with pasta, DS had pork shank and DD had chicken. I don't have any pictures as there was a lot going on at that point - we had been summoned by the evil queen and the dwarves were also heading for our table. We decided to get pics with dopey first.

Then we got summoned to see the evil queen. She was great - very much in character. She asked if I was the queen of my kingdom and we confirmed that was the case!

Then after the evil queen, Grumpy came to visit. He was also very good - he was comparing his beard to DHs which was not quite as white and not quite as long.

Then onto desserts - like the starters a selection were brought to the table. Dopey cakes, chocolate mousse apples and gooseberry meringues.

They then bought out some caramel popcorn and chocolate hearts in a box (it had magical mist pouring out of it when the top was opened!).

After dinner we had a little wander around the resort and walked down to the waterfront, taking a few pictures.

DD face is asking what on earth I am taking a picture of now!

We decided to get a bus from this resort to Epcot and do Spaceship Earth again as DS did not have his picture come up the last time we rode it. The bus took absolutely ages as it stopped at Fort Wilderness too and then stopped to let us off about as far from the entrance to Epcot as you could get! DH was not feeling too great at this point either so he went straight back to the hotel while I went into Epcot with the kids.

It looked beautiful at night with lots of different colours reflecting off Spaceship Earth. We went on this ride and enjoyed it again.

We were in luck - DS picture worked this time, although he did look a bit like a serial killer in it!

We got off Spaceship Earth and decided to try to ride Soarin before the park closed for the night and we only had 10 minutes to power walk over to the land pavilion where we were able to walk on to the ride with no wait. We really enjoyed again, particularly as it was a sneaky extra ride we weren't expecting and with no waiting at all! We headed towards the back of the park after this to get back to the Boardwalk, going in the opposite direction to most other people who were piling out after the Illuminations fireworks.

Our exit is between France and England in the World Showcase. DD and I decide to get the boat from here back to the Boardwalk as by this time our legs are tired! DS walks back round and beats us back to the room. The new skyline will leave and arrive at the same location as the boat. We have seen them running quite a lot while we have been here but nobody riding on them. Looks like they go quite quickly - it will be useful to have another transportation option but I still like a boat ride!
We are all tired and turn in reasonably early ready for an early start tomorrow for a morning at Hollywood Studios.

sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by sarmori - 24 Aug 19 3:52 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List