Old 10 Sep 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I loved to see the planning cards again this year, so cute!

Your dad with his mug made me chuckle, but he certainly pulled it back with that score! I was telling Chris about it and he now wants to find the videos on YouTube for next time

A great first day, lots of steps but still plenty of relaxing xx
I couldn't resist the planning cards some of them had notes on the back about snacks or timings of shows to watch

I think I saw a Krispysmore video ages ago that talked about what the high value targets are on Buzz, but because I don't really care, plus I need to get a lower score than Kate or she sulks I didn't pay attention to what to aim for.

It felt like a relaxed day, we didn't need out to dinner until later and we did a few shows in the middle when it was hottest so didn't suffer too much.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Your dad is so cute! Love the badge story and how proud he was of his shooting skills. Sounds like it was a fantastic first day.

I'm reading sneakily at work so I can't join in the guessing game because I'm having to read really fast and can't scroll back! I promise to join in next time
I have some fab Dad stories coming up. He was also quite annoying at times but I'm smiling about all that now

I don't think I can condone your naughtiness of reading while at work. Tut tut! It wasn't much of a game really, I'll put you out of your misery.

Kate wants Cali Grill brunch as her repeat meal for next year.

Max first said Cinderellas Royal Table so I said I doubt he'd get a 2nd steak again, so he swapped to Sci Fi Diner which we did back in 2016 and haven't been back to but he said he really liked the food (it was burgers and milkshakes) and the film was good.

I said to them both that I figured Dave would pick Cali Grill brunch too so Kate might get a 2nd choice. Max tried to convince her to go for Garden Grill dinner as the food is the best.

In the end Dave picked Tony's! I was really surprised, it was a fab meal and I really do want to do it again. So this is a good choice.

I'm struggling to pick for my choice, I keep changing my mind. I want Tuskers as we didn't eat there this year, but I'm also thinking well head to Boma next year which we've never done and I think they are very similar. But I was so pleased when Max said garden grill as I do love it, so I'm very tempted to just go with GG dinner. I'll let you know when I've decided, I'm worried there's somewhere I've forgotten.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

What a fab first day and a lovely introduction to Magic Kingdom.

I definitely need to have a go at doing the alarm on the phone, I love that Winnie the Pooh was your wake up call.

The mouse ears are looking fab, I hope you got lots of compliments throughout the holiday.

I wish I had got to meet your dad, I wonder what he would have told me...how lush that he was telling the person on the bus he was nearly a galactic hero. I’m also loving the photo of him with the resort mug-I hope he got himself a drink when he got back to the hotel!

We watched the parade on the first trip but I don’t think we’ve bothered with it since then, maybe we should do the parade package next year. It sounds like it was timed to perfection-go Bryant!
I’m still in two minds whether to try ddp, I’m impressed you managed BOG, Tony’s and Polite Pig all in one day, no wonder you passed on desserts at Ghirardelli.
I’ve just finished my last piece of Butterbeer fudge...I need to go back for more! I think I need a cocktail to get over my Florida blues
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
What a fab first day and a lovely introduction to Magic Kingdom.

I definitely need to have a go at doing the alarm on the phone, I love that Winnie the Pooh was your wake up call.

The mouse ears are looking fab, I hope you got lots of compliments throughout the holiday.

I wish I had got to meet your dad, I wonder what he would have told me...how lush that he was telling the person on the bus he was nearly a galactic hero. I’m also loving the photo of him with the resort mug-I hope he got himself a drink when he got back to the hotel!

We watched the parade on the first trip but I don’t think we’ve bothered with it since then, maybe we should do the parade package next year. It sounds like it was timed to perfection-go Bryant!
I’m still in two minds whether to try ddp, I’m impressed you managed BOG, Tony’s and Polite Pig all in one day, no wonder you passed on desserts at Ghirardelli.
I’ve just finished my last piece of Butterbeer fudge...I need to go back for more! I think I need a cocktail to get over my Florida blues
I'm pleased we went with the non Fantasyland bits of MK on day 1 as it was a bit different to what they had been expecting. I bet if you had met Dad the first thing he would have said to you would have been he was nearly a galactic hero, he's definitely modest!

I'm really glad I've seen the day time parade, I reckon Dave and Max couldn't care less if we see ever see it again but I want to watch it next year. I think I will probably book up Tony's again for the parade package.

You made that Butterbeer fudge last pretty well. That's a whole month! Well done. By the way we bought cider from Tesco so I can make the firecracker cider whiskey this evening...is that what it was called? I feel like I need to check the name of it.

Ok it was fire whiskey, I was close You can expect a photo of that later you lucky lady

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 2 is ready for reading.

Old 14 Sep 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What a fantastic first day. I love going to BTM and Splash Mountain first in the morning. Somehow on our last trip I managed to become a galactic hero on Buzz by about half way around. I guess I must have hit a big scoring target but I've no idea where or how - I'm usually terrible at these games!

I've definitely decided to put Tony's onto our plan for next year to get the parade package. The food looks lovely and it will be nice to watch the parade from main street. We usually grab a spot in frontierland so we don't have to wait so long.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
What a fantastic first day. I love going to BTM and Splash Mountain first in the morning. Somehow on our last trip I managed to become a galactic hero on Buzz by about half way around. I guess I must have hit a big scoring target but I've no idea where or how - I'm usually terrible at these games!

I've definitely decided to put Tony's onto our plan for next year to get the parade package. The food looks lovely and it will be nice to watch the parade from main street. We usually grab a spot in frontierland so we don't have to wait so long.
Yes I think being in frontierland or Adventureland first thing in the morning is my favourite thing to do in MK. It's usually pretty quiet and when the sun is out the shadows are really long and it's just a really nice experience walking down there.

Wow, a real life galactic hero I don't think I've ever met one in person. Even better you don't know how you did it

I really think I'm going to book Tony's again next summer too. The whole package was fab.

Old 21 Sep 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great first day sounds like your Mum and Dad enjoyed their first visit

Joan
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great first day sounds like your Mum and Dad enjoyed their first visit

Joan
I think Mum and Dad really enjoyed it. They were impressed with all the food and that we saw some shows.

Old 22 Sep 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah Abby what a truly magical day and I love how much your Dad is participating so fully in the experience, taking his mug and chatting to people on the bus. He is definitely in the groove.

A lovely time in the park and the parade pics are just gorgeous.

Dinner... bbq cauliflower and sprouts ? I did a double take. Not sure about that at all. But then I am a self confessed sprout hater.

What an epic day to start the hols.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah Abby what a truly magical day and I love how much your Dad is participating so fully in the experience, taking his mug and chatting to people on the bus. He is definitely in the groove.

A lovely time in the park and the parade pics are just gorgeous.

Dinner... bbq cauliflower and sprouts ? I did a double take. Not sure about that at all. But then I am a self confessed sprout hater.

What an epic day to start the hols.
Dad did enjoy chatting to people. Later in the trip he ended up participating in a couple of shows, although I think he'd rather have watched them and if the ground could have swallowed him up he would have preferred that to joining in.

Shame on you dissing the sprouts they were divine!