Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Sep 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile Starwars land very quiet yesterday

Hey lovely people of the dibb we have been here since the 29th and are having an amazing time. Parks on the whole have been very quiet ( lots of people put off by the hurricane according to the cast members) but i was so shocked yesterday at how quiet starwars land at hs was. As we walked into the land there was just a handful of people in sight and we were on and off smugglers run in less then 30 minutes and that was at 1 o clock in the afternoon.
The land is amazing but i definatly wouldnt que up for more than 30 mins for the ride as its fun but didnt feel 'special' like fop.
Will post a highs and lows report when im back.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow I’m surprised it’s so quiet! But then like you say Americans will be put off because of the weather! Hope you have a fab trip x
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m fully expecting all those people put off by Dorian to appear next week!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’m fully expecting all those people put off by Dorian to appear next week!
We go home on saturday and are definatly expecting this next week to be busier!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

We were there and did the same. Tbh the ride was disappointing and neither myself or DH said we would bother to ride it again. The land looks great and we enjoyed wandering about but pandora is so much better.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
twan111111
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Got there for 6am yday. There was an average size crowd. Walked us round to Galaxy’s Edge. Smugglers Run posted wait time was 50 minutes but we were off in 20. Hollywood Studios was super quiet. Did Smugglers Run 3 times and longest we waited was 30 minutes. Slinky we did twice, Toy Story Mania twice, Alien Swirling Saucer twice, Star Tours, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen Sing a long, Muppets 3D, Tower of Terror. I’m not exaggerating when I say other than Smugglers Run and Slinky (both under half an hour wait) we walked on to every ride
twan111111 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by twan111111 View Post
Got there for 6am yday. There was an average size crowd. Walked us round to Galaxy’s Edge. Smugglers Run posted wait time was 50 minutes but we were off in 20. Hollywood Studios was super quiet. Did Smugglers Run 3 times and longest we waited was 30 minutes. Slinky we did twice, Toy Story Mania twice, Alien Swirling Saucer twice, Star Tours, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen Sing a long, Muppets 3D, Tower of Terror. I’m not exaggerating when I say other than Smugglers Run and Slinky (both under half an hour wait) we walked on to every ride
It's always quiet after the schools go back.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I think its a combination of weather, ticket price increases and not having all the rides and experiences open from day one due to construction issues. Disney are confident after the 5th December when Rise of the Resistance this will change and many people appear to be holding off booking their Fall 2019 vacation and booking for 2020 instead.

Park Guest Approval for Galaxy's Edge has been high and despite the low number of visitors, guests have spent 10% more than last year due to Galaxy's Edge merchandise.

Disney stockholders are not currently worried about it and I think when everything has rolled out and your "reputation" starts to effect your overall experience of the land you may change your mind about Smugglers Run.

Edited at 11:42 AM.
a11mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

It isn't just the theme parks. It is very quiet at the moment. Even the traffic on I4 didn't slow down near Disney Springs yesterday!
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Hey lovely people of the dibb we have been here since the 29th and are having an amazing time. Parks on the whole have been very quiet ( lots of people put off by the hurricane according to the cast members) but i was so shocked yesterday at how quiet starwars land at hs was. As we walked into the land there was just a handful of people in sight and we were on and off smugglers run in less then 30 minutes and that was at 1 o clock in the afternoon.
The land is amazing but i definatly wouldnt que up for more than 30 mins for the ride as its fun but didnt feel 'special' like fop.
Will post a highs and lows report when im back.
We were at Hollywood Studios yesterday too and had the same experience.
Smugglers Run was showing a 60 min wait but we were off within 30mins.
TOT was showing 15 mins but was a walk on Rock n Roller coaster was 30 mins we were off in 20 mins.
Slinky Dog said 45mins and was more or less right.