Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Sep 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Hollywood Studios fastpasses

Now they have changed the Tier system, Hollywood Studios is dumb.

You can now only fastpass one ride, out of Slinky Dog, Aerosmith, Toy Story Mania and a Tower of Terror. Plus Smugglers Run isn’t using fastpass either.

So now for my fastpasses, I can’t really fill them. If you look at all the tier 2 attractions they are things that don’t really require fastpass for.

Surely Disney will look at this and change it in time.

I personally think using a fastpass for shows like the Muppets of Indiana Jones is just a waste as it’s not needed.

What’s everyone’s opinions on this then ?
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jacy29
Proud to wear my Ears

I totally agree. I have literally booked one fastpass for HS because the others I could have booked just aren't worth it. I'm hoping that I can do the other worthwhile rides during EMH with shorter queues.
jacy29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm hoping it changes before we get there next May. Also hoping they offer EMM Toy story land and maybe a Star Wars early entry. At the minute it seems like a waste of fastpasses.
rafjen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Couldn’t agree more, we previously only wanted to do TSM, ToT and Slinky there which means having to wait in line for at least one of these. It worked for us as we had EMH one time and could get on ToT three times before general park opening but you shouldn’t have to rely on that. It was made worse by the fact that they were refurbing ToT and only one side was open, is that done now?
We would want to do Smugglers Run in the future so hoping that they re-tier at least one of the others.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m currently going through my fastpasses now. On evenings where I’m going to Hollywood Studios, I’m booking Disney Junior and Beauty and the beast for the morning. Then putting my Slinky Dog for like 5:30pm. Knowing by 6:30pm, I’ll be able to get another fastpass for one of the better rides
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sanmiguel
Getting to know the DIBB

Talking

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Couldn’t agree more, we previously only wanted to do TSM, ToT and Slinky there which means having to wait in line for at least one of these. It worked for us as we had EMH one time and could get on ToT three times before general park opening but you shouldn’t have to rely on that. It was made worse by the fact that they were refurbing ToT and only one side was open, is that done now?
We would want to do Smugglers Run in the future so hoping that they re-tier at least one of the others.
Yeah ToT is now open on both sides , having just got back last week, it was walk on from about 9pm onwards most nights. We were in HS ( was staying at the Swan- so could walk there most nights)- And that was through GE opening and Labor Day Weekend - although Dorrian may have influenced crowds ! We had fast passes for ToT at 9pm on two nights - was a waste of time . Even got to Ride Areosmith after this with a 15 minute wait too !
Sanmiguel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I agree.

However, you've got to "use" all 3 fastpasses before you can book a fourth, which can be another tier 1 fastpass. So although Muppets, Indiana Jones, etc don't require fastpassing (usually), you will want to book one of them in order to enable you to book additional fastpasses on the day. You don't have to actually watch the show - just scan your band/ticket at the fastpass entrance to "use" it and then get booking a second tier 1 ride.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
jacy29
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I agree.

However, you've got to "use" all 3 fastpasses before you can book a fourth, which can be another tier 1 fastpass. So although Muppets, Indiana Jones, etc don't require fastpassing (usually), you will want to book one of them in order to enable you to book additional fastpasses on the day. You don't have to actually watch the show - just scan your band/ticket at the fastpass entrance to "use" it and then get booking a second tier 1 ride.
Oh, I wasn't aware of this. I just thought that as long as you didn't have any other tier one fastpasses booked, you could book another (if you didn't have any other fastpasses.) So I've only booked one Tier 1 FP and no other FPs. I was planning on using that one then booking another tier 1. Will I not be able to do this?
jacy29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jacy29 View Post
So I've only booked one Tier 1 FP and no other FPs. I was planning on using that one then booking another tier 1. Will I not be able to do this?
You won't be able to get another Tier 1 (so another ride) until you've used two Tier 2s (shows). Then you can book as many Tier 1 rides as you like without having to do any other shows.

I can see why they did it this way - that if they are expecting big crowds to GE, they need to spread the people out and shows get a big group of people in one place for a predictable amount of time. From a crowd management point of view, it makes a lot of sense. But that doesn't mean it makes sense if you are a park goer who already has a strategy and expects to book the rides on a FP and walk into the shows as and when you want! (And I like the shows. I could sit in Frozen Singalong all day and not complain.)

You could easily tap into a show (watching it or not) and then tap-grab-modify to bring the next tier two fast pass up straight away and repeat, so if you book the shows early, you'll get to the ability to more ride fast passes earlier.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Feel you pain, I have gone on at 12 and could only pick 2 as the others were waste a time IMO...
Sunset Lakes - Villa Aug 2015, Aug 2016 Oct 2017 Oct 2019
Johnsonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List